Sr Software Engineer - Partner Solutions
We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of 400 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Partner Solutions team:
Upside's Partner Solutions team is dedicated to developing and leading the company's largest and most strategic partnerships. Our multifaceted professionals work together with teams throughout Upside to address our partners' most pressing technology challenges – ones that have no simple answers. We create solutions for and build enduring long-term relationships with organizations that represent outstanding revenue opportunities and/or are strategically important for us to take new, world-shaping technologies to market.
About the job:
As a Partner Solutions Software Engineer, you’ll work with our largest partnerships to build out emerging technologies and drive the early adoption of new product lines. From deal through implementation and ongoing optimization, you’ll work directly with partner technology teams to design and ship software solutions to support their business requirements. You’ll also build for scale and reuse to bring those capabilities to our other partners. This is an individual contributor role that will work across the organization, iterate quickly in response to business needs, and communicate effectively.
What you'll do:
- Work on a team of PS engineers alongside our partnership account teams.
- Ship software with high quality, being mindful of maintainability, testability, security, performance, and monitoring
- Monitor and support live systems in a rotation with the rest of your team
What you need:
- 3+ years of software engineering within a collaborative and agile environment
- Proficiency in Python or Java and knowledge of AWS and distributed systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Willingness to learn, adapt, fail and grow (professional growth mindset)
- Ability to design, document, and communicate technical architecture
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills especially in partner-facing scenarios
Our technology stack:
- AWS (e.g. Lambda, DynamoDB)
- GitHub Actions
The fine print:
- Worksite location: This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!