B2B Content Writer
We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of 400 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
About the job:
As a B2B Content Writer at Upside, you will be responsible for crafting the core content that powers our demand generation engine. You will participate in the topic ideation process, work with our data teams to understand key insights, and distill Upside’s value propositions into compelling B2B content that establishes Upside as a thought leader and builds demand for our product. You will build long-form content, and work to transform that content into different types of engaging marketing materials to drive brand awareness, lead generation, and lead nurturing. Your work will touch many internal teams and external marketing channels to drive measurable business outcomes, using data to improve quality, personalization, and audience actions over time.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Editors to develop content roadmaps with topics that create demand and engage retailers at each stage of the buyer journey
- Research like a reporter, capturing data and research from various sources and distilling it into usable, engaging insights for target audiences
- Personally craft written content, including but not limited to: blogs, case studies, reports, ebooks, whitepapers, how-to guides, web copy, landing pages, info-graphics, video scripts, webinars, e-mails, social media content, ads, and more
- Develop and build thought-leadership content written from the specific point of view of executives and subject matter experts
- Find opportunities to improve content with visual elements and collaborate with channel owners and our internal Creative team to translate core language into usable different content formats
- Align all content to internal brand guidelines, messaging frameworks, and channel strategies to explain and position Upside’s value proposition
- Implement on-page SEO strategies to drive keyword ranking
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, business/corporate communications, advertising, English, or a related field
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL) Level C2 English
- 3+ years of professional experience in B2B content writing, preferably tech
- Self-starter work ethic, ambitious personality that is comfortable with ambiguity and constant change
- Ability to tell data-driven stories
- Experience applying brand voice and tone across all assets, and distilling technical information to one main message in a concise, effective manner
- High attention to detail, excellent time management, prioritization, and multitasking abilities
- Familiarity with optimizing content for search engines, using pre-determined on-page SEO strategies
- High proficiency in project management tools, communication platforms, and creative production suites: i.e. Asana, Google Workplace, Slack, and Figma amongst others.
The fine print:
- Location: This role is a hybrid role.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us.