Senior Fraud Operations Manager
Upside is a high-growth retail technology company driving hundreds of millions of dollars in proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. Unlike the many apps and services that provide discounts to consumers but actually hurt retailer profitability, Upside is the only two-sided marketplace that provides proven incremental profit to retailers. Tens of thousands of retailers nationwide are seeing a 52% ROI on average—results that have been independently audited by Fortune 500 and third-party analytics companies. On the consumer side of the marketplace, millions of users power $5 billion in purchases through the Upside platform every year. They use our top-rated mobile app to see 2 to 3 times more value on their purchases than with any other product. By helping people and businesses do better, communities grow stronger.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 350 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Consumer Operations team:
The Upside Consumer Support consists of internal specialists/advocates with additional support from a growing overseas team, laser-focused on delivering on best-in-class customer experience, increasing team rigor and efficiency, decreasing operational friction and effort, all the while deepening the relationship between Upside and our millions of monthly active users. Never settling for second best, this team devotes itself in building a comprehensive omnichannel support solution, delighting consumers with our expertise therefore increasing user satisfaction and retention.
About the job:
As a Senior Fraud Operations Manager, you’ll be owning and delivering strategic guidance, growth, efficiency, and all operations regarding Upside’s fraud and dispute functions. Working closely with cross-functional teams, you will have the opportunity to set the bar for fraud investigation work, management, and building out accurate prevention systems. In conjunction, you will also own Upside’s dispute monitoring program reporting to our Product and Finance teams on ways to improve the user experience while protecting our financial interests.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with key partners to strategically orchestrate, implement, and optimize fraud operations processes, tools, and policies
- Identify and resolve potential situations that negatively impact Upside’s user base. Team up with the Product, Security, and Consumer Operations teams and drive the delivery of large cross-functional initiatives regarding Upside’s fraud posture, typically involving multiple team members.
- Own the dispute resolution process, ensuring that we respond to all incoming chargeback disputes and keep a positive relationship with external parties
- Achieve performance objectives while mitigating regulatory, reputational, and financial risk
- Build and analyze multiple data sources to determine data backed decisions for project prioritization and implementation.
- Stay current on industry best practices, emerging risk technologies, threat vectors, and competitor initiatives to ensure risk products and features are best in class
What You’ll Need:
- 8+ years of fraud mitigation strategy experience in a FinTech/startup environment
- Significant experience leading both internal and external teammates (e.g. BPO) to drive action
- Intermediate to advanced SQL knowledge skills to build data backed decisioning; Python experience is strongly preferred
- Extensive experience with payment processing platforms (e.g. Stripe and Worldpay)
- Obsessive focus on automation and optimization in preparation for growth
- Location: This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!