Senior Account Manager (Restaurant)
Upside is a high-growth retail technology company driving hundreds of millions of dollars in proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. Unlike the many apps and services that provide discounts to consumers but actually hurt retailer profitability, Upside is the only two-sided marketplace that provides proven incremental profit to retailers. Tens of thousands of retailers nationwide are seeing a 52% ROI on average—results that have been independently audited by Fortune 500 and third-party analytics companies. On the consumer side of the marketplace, millions of users power $5 billion in purchases through the Upside platform every year. They use our top-rated mobile app to see 2 to 3 times more value on their purchases than with any other product. By helping people and businesses do better, communities grow stronger.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of 400 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Account Management team:
The Upside Account Management Team is made up of hardworking, data-driven collaborators with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences! While we have all had different paths to account management, we share a love of helping our merchants grow. We may be spread across four cities, but we are a fun, supportive, and close-knit team. The Restaurant Account Management team is quickly growing and presents ample opportunity to take on increased responsibility over time.
About the job:
Upside is growing and is in search of a hardworking and solution-focused Senior Account Manager for our Restaurant Accounts team. In this role, you'll develop a detailed knowledge of our business and product, maintain and strengthen strategic client relationships with a portfolio of Upside’s strategic partners, and coordinate with internal partners to deliver on client expectations. This role collaborates with multiple departments, including product, marketing, and sales, to represent the voice of the customer.
What you'll do:
- Build and manage relationships with Upside strategic restaurant partners as their main point of contact
- Establish and complete Upside’s strategic accounts playbook to ensure merchant satisfaction while partnering with Sales to drive growth within your portfolio
- Develop data-driven insights and recommend scalable growth strategies
- Own and grow restaurant relationships, including monitoring and managing account metrics (Account Health, Churn, and Growth)
- Lead regular check-ins and quarterly account reviews with merchant partners, interpreting raw account data to build performance reports, case studies, and white papers.
- Collaborate with internal Upside teams, including Product, Sales, Merchant Analytics, and Operations, to ensure a consistent, positive experience for our customers
What you need:
- 7+ years experience as an Account Manager, or a similar role in strategic or enterprise account management
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from analysis
- Self-starter work ethic, results-oriented personality, and a creative but structured problem-solving demeanor
- Strong communication and client management skills
- The desire to build something new and the ability to thrive in fast-paced environment is required
- Experience working with the restaurant industry or a two-sided marketplace is a major plus
- Ability to travel as needed for business purposes
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
The fine print:
- This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!