VP, Account Management (Fuel)
Upside is a high-growth retail technology company driving hundreds of millions of dollars in tried profit to brick and mortar businesses. Unlike the many apps and services that provide discounts to consumers but actually hurt retailer profitability, Upside is the only two-sided marketplace that provides proven incremental profit to retailers. Tens of thousands of retailers nationwide are seeing a 52% return on investment on average—results that have been independently audited by Fortune 500 and third-party analytics companies. On the consumer side of the marketplace, millions of users power $5 billion in purchases through the Upside platform every year. They use our top-rated mobile app to see 2 to 3 times more value on their purchases than with any other product. By helping people and businesses do better, communities grow stronger.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 350 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Account Team:
The Fuel Accounts Team supports Upside’s largest industry vertical, with over 30,000 merchants across 48 states. We have 4 of the top 10 Fuel Brands as our preferred partners, along with many top U.S. wholesalers, marketers, and convenience store franchise groups. Even as we expand into new verticals, fuel is integral to our growth strategy, new market launch plans, and product development.
About the job:
The VP of Account Management for the Fuel vertical will own all merchant customers in Upside’s Fuel industry segment, and will guide our account strategy and growth. The VP, Account Management will directly lead the Account Teams responsible for spreading awareness of the incremental value that Upside brings to merchants and their top line growth.
What you’ll do:
- Create an annual retention and growth strategy for your business that aligns with the company’s goals
- Manage and grow the Account Teams to strategically engage with merchant stakeholders, including C-level executives
- Become an expert in the Upside product and its unique, data-driven value that is deliver to merchants
- Leverage team and company data/KPIs to inform key strategic opportunities for the Account Teams to drive optimized retention and growth
- Define and evolve the engagement model with merchants to meet industry needs
- Collaborate with internal adjacent leaders to ensure that you have established core performance-based processes and systems for each vertical and customer segment
- Build collaborative partnerships with Sales, Operations, and Product to ensure our merchants are set up for frictionless and successful revenue growth
What you need:
- 10+ years of sales and/or customer success team experience
- Extensive experience in marketplace solutions and/or SaaS companies
- Sales and/or customer success experience at large enterprise or fuel companies
- Savvy in Challenger Sales methodology a plus
- Willingness to learn, adapt, fail, and grow (professional growth mindset)
- Ability to simplify complex problems, synthesize data, and create compelling narratives to inform decision making
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Master's degree highly preferred
The fine print:
- Location: This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!