Product Manager - Core Platform
We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 350 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Product Management team:
Our Product team at Upside is composed of motivated individuals with a diverse set of experiences, all working diligently to ensure that our product delivers as much value as possible for our merchants and consumers. Whether partnering with Engineering, Design, Marketing, or Sales, we’re committed to taking an experiment-led approach to guarantee that data drives decisions.
About the job:
Upside has recently embarked on a journey to transform how our Merchants realize the value our Users bring to their locations by building out new Platform capabilities. We’re looking for a Product Manager to scale the Marketplace platform, increasing efficiency by reducing cost of processing a transaction and increasing the accuracy of our system.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with a dedicated engineering team to scale the Upside Marketplace platform.
- Deeply understand the system components and how our internal teams interact with them.
- Use domain driven design to map systems and workflows, and document clear, consistent vocabulary across the organization.
- Collaborate with Product Leaders in the merchant and consumer growth areas to uncover additional opportunities to drive business outcomes.
- Partner closely with data science to optimize machine learning pricing models to further improve results for both merchants and for Upside.
- Develop tools to remove operational difficulties and automate as many processes as possible (e.g., bulk site creation and bulk merchant account creation).
- Ensure the consistency and accuracy of data by establishing auto-correcting measures when new data emerges.
- Work with data processors and other partners to align on technical specifications for successful implementations.
What you need:
- 10+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a FinTech, e-commerce, or marketplace startups
- 7+ years of product leadership inclusive of growing product teams
- BA/BS degree.
- Strong user insight, with an ability to transform sophisticated data and customer insights into product vision and a prioritized roadmap
- Ability to drive significant outcomes in a fast-paced environment
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, sales, marketing, operations, and data scientists to deliver outstanding products
The fine print:
- Location: This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!
Something looks off?