Senior Product Manager
We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 350 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Product Management team:
The Product team at Upside is composed of results-oriented individuals with a diverse set of experiences, all working diligently to ensure that our product delivers as much value as possible for our merchants and consumers. Whether partnering with Engineering, Design, Marketing, or Sales, the Product team is committed to taking an experiment oriented approach to guarantee that data drives decisions.
About the job:
Upside has over 45,000 merchants on the platform spanning gas stations, convenience stores, restaurants, and grocery stores. Having solidified our position in the fuel industry, we’re looking to take our fuel products to the next level. Upside is in search of a Product Manager to automate our billing and invoicing pipeline to support a rapidly growing merchant base. You'll use your skills and build tremendous value for our Consumer users, Merchant clients, and the business.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a dedicated engineering team to scale Upside’s billing applications.
- Use domain driven design to map systems and workflows, and document clear, consistent vocabulary across the organization.
- Maintain the product roadmap, cascading business goals and market opportunities into product priorities
- Prioritize features for releases and maintain frequent incremental approach to improvements
- Work closely with engineering; accountable for quality of user stories and other product management results
- Partner with Finance and Operations to ensure our billing process is accurate, detailed, and scalable.
What you need:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience.
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience building B2B products in retail or ecommerce.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and influencing skills, with proven track record to take initiative and build strong, positive relationships.
- Strong user empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into product vision and a prioritized roadmap.
The fine print:
- Location: This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!
Something looks off?