Product Manager - Payments
We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 350 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Product Management team:
Our Product team at Upside is composed of motivated individuals with a diverse set of experiences, all working diligently to ensure that our product delivers as much value as possible for our merchants and consumers. Whether partnering with Engineering, Design, Marketing, or Sales, we’re committed to taking an experiment-led approach to guarantee that data drives decisions.
About the job:
Upside has recently embarked on a journey to transform how our Merchants realize the value our Users bring to their locations by building out new Payments capabilities. We’re looking for a Payments Product Manager to use their FinTech or Payments experiences and build tremendous value for our Consumer users, Merchant clients, and the business. You will enable the flow of significant volume ($) and transactions through our ecosystem, enhance how our Users interact with the places they love to shop, and how our Merchants view the profit brought to them by Upside.
What you'll do:
- Develop a strategy to embeds our Payments capabilities and experiences throughout the Upside platform
- Simplify the payments processes while also reducing costs and risks
- Lead a cross-functional team through strategic vision, defining a roadmap, prioritizing solutions based on business and user impact, and building and delivering products
- Translate product strategy into technical requirements and collaborate with a dedicated engineering team to bring the product to life
- Build and update the appropriate documentation and/or reporting to maintain alignment across all partners (e.g., PRDs, Product Roadmap, etc.)
- Coordinate and run sound experiments to test and validate hypotheses
What you need:
- 6+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a FinTech, Payments, e-commerce, or marketplace startups
- BA/BS degree.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, positive relationships
- Strong user insight, with an ability to transform sophisticated data and customer insights into product vision and a prioritized roadmap
- Ability to drive significant outcomes in a fast-paced environment
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, sales, marketing, operations, and data scientists to deliver outstanding products
The fine print:
- Location: This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!
Something looks off?