Account Management Associate Director
Upside is a high-growth retail technology company driving hundreds of millions of dollars in proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. Unlike the many apps and services that provide discounts to consumers but actually hurt retailer profitability, Upside is the only two-sided marketplace that provides proven incremental profit to retailers. Tens of thousands of retailers nationwide are seeing a 52% ROI on average—results that have been independently audited by Fortune 500 and third-party analytics companies. On the consumer side of the marketplace, millions of users power $5 billion in purchases through the Upside platform every year. They use our top-rated mobile app to see 2 to 3 times more value on their purchases than with any other product. By helping people and businesses do better, communities grow stronger.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 350 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Fuel Sales & Account Team:
The Fuel Sales & Accounts Team supports Upside’s largest industry vertical, with over 30,000 merchants across 48 states. We have 4 of the top 10 Fuel Brands as our preferred partners, along with many top U.S. wholesalers, marketers, and convenience store franchise groups. Even as we expand into new verticals, fuel is integral to our growth strategy, new market launch plans, and product development.
About the job:
We're looking for a driven, analytical relationship builder to join our team as an Associate Director on the Account Management Team. The Associate Director will own the cultivation, retention, and growth of customer relationships in our fuel and C-store business by developing a detailed knowledge of the product, coordinating with internal partners, strengthening client relationships through informative reporting and outstanding service, and ensuring clients are always receiving excess value from the Upside platform. Account Managers collaborate with multiple teams including product, marketing, and sales to represent the voice of the customer and to help drive business growth.
You’ll join a team with decades of experience within fuel and software companies, including Gulf Oil, Exxon, and Cvent. This is the team for you if you enjoy collaborating with top talent to explore opportunities, find solutions, and make an immediate impact.
What you’ll do:
- Learn Upside’s unique features to demonstrate the value to merchants
- Work with our clients through onboarding to long-term account management, cultivating trust and belief throughout their partnership with Upside
- Improve retention of accounts through platform education, using customized decks and data in a relevant way to ensure client understanding and participation
- Proactively predict and address concerns before they advance to churn risk
- Own and grow relationships, including supervising and leading account-health metrics (CSAT, Retention, and Growth)
- Identify expansion opportunities and work to close, including adding more sites, c-store launches, and conversions to long-term agreements
- Lead quarterly account reviews with merchant partners, interpreting raw account data to build performance reports, case studies, and white papers.
- Proactively maintain account health at multiple levels across client businesses
- Collaborate effectively with internal Upside teams, including Product Marketing, Sales, Billing, and Operations, to ensure a consistent, positive experience for our customers
- Work in a fast-paced, evolving environment, and deliver world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself to be more ambitious
What you need:
- 2+ years experience as an Account Manager or a similar role
- Confident, eloquent, and effective public-speaking skills, and the ability to speak to both formal and casual audiences
- Track record of achieving and exceeding goals
- Project-management abilities, including timeline management, client communication, and report interpretation
- Adaptable and creative demeanor, with a capability to work successfully with both internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical skills that will translate analysis into relatable and compelling talking points and stories
- Ability to run multiple projects/opportunities and deliver results in a fast-paced environment working within time constraints
- Ability to work effectively in a highly-collaborative environment with a combination of onsite and remote team members
- Experience operating sales technology tools (e.g. Salesforce, Outreach, Gong), as well as Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
What Upside offers:
- Competitive base salary plus variable earning potential
- Generous equity participation for all quota-carrying roles
- The opportunity to meaningfully impact the trajectory of one of the fastest-growing companies in the US
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500’s: 2021 Rank: #2 in the US
- Best-in-class benefits package, including unlimited PTO
- Culture of development first, with a deep management bench focused on coaching the individual for this job and the next
- Comprehensive tech stack to enable sellers to succeed, including Gong, Outreach, LinkedIn Navigator, Salesforce.com, and a number of proprietary tools
The Fine Print:
- This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here, come join us!
Something looks off?