Regional Territory Business Development Director - Restaurants
Upside is a high-growth retail technology company driving hundreds of millions of dollars in proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. Unlike the many apps and services that provide discounts to consumers but actually hurt retailer profitability, Upside is the only two-sided marketplace that provides proven incremental profit to retailers. Tens of thousands of retailers nationwide are seeing a 52% ROI on average—results that have been independently audited by Fortune 500 and third-party analytics companies. On the consumer side of the marketplace, millions of users power $5 billion in purchases through the Upside platform every year. They use our top-rated mobile app to see 2 to 3 times more value on their purchases than with any other product. By helping people and businesses do better, communities grow stronger.
Upside was named on Deloitte's 2021 & 2022 list of Fastest Growing 500 Tech Companies and #308 in Inc.’s America’s fastest growing private companies of 2022. Upside’s Series D funding round was led by General Catalyst with a $1.5 billion valuation in March 2022. Other notable investors include Bessemer Ventures and Formation8.
Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 350 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet Our Sales Team:
Our sales team is a driven, solution-focused, and diverse group of individuals who work to bring new merchants onto our Upside platform. We are passionate about the work we do and excited about the future that we're building. And we never forget to have fun while we're doing it!
About the job:
Upside is growing and in search of a proven enterprise sales professional to drive growth in key territories and establish and exceed quotas and goals. This is a ground-floor opportunity to assist with building a new vertical within a company that is revolutionizing how personalization changes consumer behavior and drives proven incremental revenue to merchants with a measurable bottom-line impact.
What you’ll do:
- Grow the Upside marketplace by adding regional restaurant merchants (Franchises, regional chains, etc)
- Drive sales to prospect companies through strategic conversations at all levels within these organizations
- Implement effective sales strategies, account planning, pipeline management, and metric analyses to drive your territory’s success
- Represent Upside at Regional and National Trade shows
- Collaborate across business units to harness merchant insights into improvements that positively impact both sides of the marketplace
What you need:
- 5-7 years of sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Successful history of achieving and exceeding quotas
- Ability to implement critical metrics to deliver sustained sales performance above expectations
- Adaptability, with the knowledge to overcome objections and present solutions in a relationship-strengthening manner
- Experience building and scaling processes and pitch development in a high-growth, startup environment
- Solid understanding of Salesforce preferred
- Empathic listening, keen negotiating, and polished writing and presentation skills
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Understanding industry trends and landscapes with experience in selling Restaurant franchises or Regional Restaurants is a plus
- Experience selling SaaS (Software as a Service) desired
The fine print:
- Location: This is a fully-remote role that may sit anywhere in the United States. You're welcome to work from our DC, Austin, Chicago or New York office if you're in-region!
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!
Something looks off?