Did you know that 1 in 5 Medicare members who are eligible for critical healthcare subsidies that could save them thousands of dollars are not enrolled in them? And, as Medicare members, are increasingly dissatisfied with their coverage options? 16% of Medicare members change their coverage within a year and close to 50% change plans within 5 years.
Uno Health is a tech-enabled service that enrolls Medicare individuals into many of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars for some of the most vulnerable Americans. And the best part? Uno is free to use for the member and is paid for by the Medicare plan. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for all, and a subset of programs unlock ~20% in direct revenue for their Medicare insurers. Uno is the solution to the growing dissatisfaction among Medicare members.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups developing programs which aimed to improve people's health outcomes while balancing the financial incentives of the insurance plan. Uno’s investors include Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Floodgate and Cowboy Ventures and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time, both for our growth as a company and for the healthcare system as a whole, with lots of pressures being applied to our members and customers. Come join our team and help us in our mission to enable the best health coverage for the lowest cost to the most people!
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Lead who will work closely with the VP of Product Operations & Data to take Uno’s Data function to the next level. You will lead a small, talented, and driven data team that has been core to establishing our 0 to 1 data infrastructure, and expand the function to support a scaling product and operation to the best outcomes.
Additional Role Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor, inspire, and grow a small team of data analysts and data scientists. Create a collaborative and high-performance team culture.
- Operate as a player-coach within a fast-moving start up, setting the bar on reports and dashboards to communicate insights effectively; utilize data visualization tools to make data accessible and understandable for non-technical stakeholders.
- Oversee the analysis, rituals, and communication of metrics and insights that support decision-making across the organization.
- Work with the team to develop and maintain a comprehensive data function roadmap that balances infrastructure investments and near-term business value.
- Own business outcomes around accurate and reliable data throughout the data collection process - and develop a system for managing this across product, engineering, and operations teams.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging technologies. Lead the team in adopting new technologies and methodologies as needed.
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure data infrastructure is robust, scalable, secure, and compliant under a range of regulations (HIPAA, SOC). This includes data warehousing, ETL processes, and data pipelines.
- Manage the budget for the data team, including tools and software.
Qualifications and Skills:
Must have skills:
- Several years of successful experience in various data functions and structures, with some of that experience showcasing your ability to be a data leader, managing groups/cross functional initiatives to shipping successful data projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong forward planning, always thinking ten steps ahead.
- People leader - experience managing and leading a small team - with an appetite to act as a player-coach in the coming 12mo.
- Strong emotional intelligence (EQ), with experience interacting with executive leadership.
- Proven value delivered as both a leader and IC in data analysis, data engineering, or related roles.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis tools and technologies (e.g., Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Power BI).
- Strong opinions on approaches to data warehousing, ETL processes, and data pipelines.
- Natural collaborator, comfortable interfacing with various teams including engineering, design, sales, product, product operations, and marketing.
- Highly adaptable, especially within the dynamic landscape of a startup.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in similar highly regulated industries like healthcare, consulting, finance, or other technology start-ups.
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a desire to improve the livelihoods of millions of Americans who are among the most in need.
- Are excited to learn about what it takes to run and grow a fast-growing start up!
- Have experience in consulting and/or finance.
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally with different teams to reach a common company goal.
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $160K to $180K Base Pay + Considerable Equity Option Potential.
- Location: New York City, Bay Area, or Salt Lake City
- Hybrid work environment: At least 2 days in the office and 3 days WFH (flexible).
- Time Off: 25d vacation / 7d sick / 11 paid company holidays - 1 floating holiday.
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, and 401(k).
- Growth: Several opportunities for advancement both in leveling up, working on special projects, and learning & development opportunities.
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!
Uno Health’s Dedication to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Uno is committed to always pursue greater Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our hiring practices. To achieve Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Uno, we are cognizant of the backgrounds that are underrepresented in our industry and society, and actively work towards achieving more inclusive hiring standards and more equitable outcomes specifically for people from those backgrounds. We currently collect optional demographic information from candidates at the application stage in order to allow us to measure outcomes of people from underrepresented backgrounds in our hiring process. Identifying information about a candidate will never be shared externally and will only be used for the purpose of Uno measuring its levels of representation.
Uno Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, educational background, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Uno encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to this role!
Please note: Uno Health interview requests and job offers only originate from hiuno.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Uno Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Uno Health, please notify us at: email@example.com