Director of Product
Did you know that 1 in 5 Medicare members who are eligible for critical healthcare subsidies that could save them thousands of dollars are not enrolled in them? And, as Medicare members, are increasingly dissatisfied with their coverage options? 16% of Medicare members change their coverage within a year and close to 50% change plans within 5 years.
Uno Health is a tech-enabled service that enrolls Medicare individuals into many of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars for some of the most vulnerable Americans. And the best part? Uno is free to use for the member and is paid for by the Medicare plan. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for all, and a subset of programs unlock ~20% in direct revenue for their Medicare insurers. Uno is the solution to the growing dissatisfaction among Medicare members.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups developing programs which aimed to improve people's health outcomes while balancing the financial incentives of the insurance plan. Uno’s investors include Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Floodgate and Cowboy Ventures and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time, both for our growth as a company and for the healthcare system as a whole, with lots of pressures being applied to our members and customers. Come join our team and help us in our mission to enable the best health coverage for the lowest cost to the most people!
About the Role
We're seeking a mission-driven Director of Product to anchor Uno's Product evolution. Stepping into this role, you'll champion a culture of close collaboration to co-create our vision while maintaining an unwavering focus on execution. Your expertise in team-building will be foundational, ensuring that our Product Team not only dreams big but also delivers with precision.
Additional Role Responsibilities:
Team Development and Culture:
- Build and lead a product team that consistently executes with excellence.
- Foster a culture emphasizing innovation, excellence, and inclusion.
- Support and nurture the growth and development of individual product team members.
- Optimize Product team organization for throughput and value creation, working with engineering to assess team topology by product area, user type, or use case.
- Design clear product team rituals, operating principles, and reporting structures to ensure transparent communication and streamlined workflow.
Collaboration and Strategy Execution:
- Partner with engineering to advance shared product-engineering rituals, ensuring high-quality output and timely delivery.
- Work in tandem with the Chief Product Officer to craft the Product Vision and execute the Product Strategy.
Qualifications and Skills
Must Have Skills and Experience:
- Experience in building and managing Product teams, ideally in tech-enabled service environments.
- Track record of contributing to and translating product vision into an actionable and realistic roadmap.
- Competence in quickly grasping new technical stacks.
- Innate empathy, with team members and users.
- Exceptional communication skills, adept at simplifying complex ideas and managing stakeholders.
- Natural collaborator, comfortable interfacing with various departments including engineering, sales, and marketing.
- Highly adaptable, especially within the dynamic landscape of a startup.
- Minimum of 6 years in a product role, including 3+ years of hands-on people management
- Managed multiple product teams and overseen 3+ Product Managers.
- Held senior product management roles across diverse organizations. We’re a tech-enabled service, so bonus points there.
- Background in regulated industries, such as healthcare or financial services.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Direct experience in healthcare is a significant advantage.
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a desire to improve the livelihoods of millions of Americans who are among the most in need.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy startup environment.
- Are both creative and strategic.
- Are self-starting.
- Deeply curious.
- You view a crowded subway not just as a commute, but a lesson in user flow optimization.
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $200K + Considerable Equity Option Potential.
- Location: New York City, Bay Area, or Salt Lake City
- Hybrid work environment: At least 2 days in the office.
- Time Off: 25d vacation / 7d sick / 11 paid company holidays - 1 floating holiday.
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, and 401(k).
- Growth: Several opportunities for advancement both in leveling up, working on special projects, and learning & development opportunities.
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!
Uno Health’s Dedication to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Uno is committed to always pursue greater Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our hiring practices. To achieve Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Uno, we are cognizant of the backgrounds that are underrepresented in our industry and society, and actively work towards achieving more inclusive hiring standards and more equitable outcomes specifically for people from those backgrounds. We currently collect optional demographic information from candidates at the application stage in order to allow us to measure outcomes of people from underrepresented backgrounds in our hiring process. Identifying information about a candidate will never be shared externally and will only be used for the purpose of Uno measuring its levels of representation.
Uno Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, educational background, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Uno encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to this role!
Please note: Uno Health interview requests and job offers only originate from hiuno.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Uno Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Uno Health, please notify us at: email@example.com