Associate Operations Manager, Engagement
Did you know that 1 in 5 Medicare members who are eligible for critical healthcare subsidies that could save them thousands of dollars are not enrolled in them? And, as Medicare members, are increasingly dissatisfied with their coverage options? 16% of Medicare members change their coverage within a year and close to 50% change plans within 5 years.
Uno Health is a tech-enabled service that enrolls Medicare individuals into many of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars for some of the most vulnerable Americans. And the best part? Uno is free to use for the member and is paid for by the Medicare plan. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for all, and a subset of programs unlock ~20% in direct revenue for their Medicare insurers. Uno is the solution to the growing dissatisfaction among Medicare members.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups developing programs which aimed to improve people's health outcomes while balancing the financial incentives of the insurance plan. Uno’s investors include Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Floodgate and Cowboy Ventures and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time, both for our growth as a company and for the healthcare system as a whole, with lots of pressures being applied to our members and customers. Come join our team and help us in our mission to enable the best health coverage for the lowest cost to the most people!
About the Role
We are looking for best-in-class team member to work to engage Medicare members and supercharge their successful enrollment into government programs. Our team is mission-oriented, excited about enrolling people in life changing benefits, and welcomes the challenge of becoming experts on the government programs that confuse the millions of low-income individuals across the US. This role is critical in supporting the team that quarterbacks the enrollment process and coordinating hand offs throughout every part of our operation. This role will manage and lead a growing team and also maintain work directly with Medicare members to set goals, overcome barriers, and get applications over the finish line, unlocking maximum savings.
Additional Role Responsibilities:
- You will support the day-to-day people management for a subset of the Engagement Coordinator team, who conduct outbound telephonic outreach to conduct eligibility checks for our members.
- You are responsible for your team’s performance, and providing proactive and consistent updates on your team’s contribution to team/customer targets.
- You will foster a culture of operational excellence, ensuring the engagement team is delivering on SLAs and KPIs on a daily and weekly basis, as well as delivering the highest quality member engagement.
- You will test new workflows and continuously seek to improve existing SOPs and processes that drive efficiency and quality of the team’s work.
- You will support our members in their experience as a senior level individual contributor Engagement Coordinator.
- You will partner with technology and product teams on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience leading “within” teams and management of small teams.
- Experience in delivering effective feedback & coaching individuals on your team.
- Ability to maintain multiple queues of work and manage the team’s time effectively to deliver on daily targets and SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Excellent communication skills, especially verbal, with the ability to communicate out to various levels of the organization on team progress, challenges, needs/questions.
- Experience with telephonic outreach, especially engaging marginalized populations
- Experience managing high performing teams & individuals through empowerment and developing a culture of accountability.
- Ability to navigate fast-moving / growing organizations and be in effective decision maker within this type of environment
- Top-notch organizational skills and time management skills
- Desire to learn the ins-and-outs of a process by executing and implementing workflow improvements based on those learnings.
- Creative problem-solving skills to triage issues that arise
- Understanding and appreciation of the complexity of the social service space and the know how to navigate through it
- Bonus: Fluency in Spanish and English
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a desire to improve the system for millions
- Have experience working with multiple technology tools at once and are able to pick up on new skills and tools quickly (Google sheets, CRMs, ticketing queues)
- Are excited to work with an early-stage startup where you’ll take on responsibility within a growing team
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally with different teams to reach a common company goal
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $52,000 + bonus potential
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Hybrid work environment: work 2 days in the office and 3 days WFH.*Subject to change based on operational needs
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM MST
- Time Off: 18 Vacation Days, 11 Standard Holidays & 7 Sick Days
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Growth: Several opportunities for advancement both in leveling up, working on special projects, and learning & development opportunities
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!
Uno Health’s Dedication to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Uno is committed to always pursue greater Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our hiring practices. To achieve Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Uno, we are cognizant of the backgrounds that are underrepresented in our industry and society, and actively work towards achieving more inclusive hiring standards and more equitable outcomes specifically for people from those backgrounds. We currently collect optional demographic information from candidates at the application stage in order to allow us to measure outcomes of people from underrepresented backgrounds in our hiring process. Identifying information about a candidate will never be shared externally and will only be used for the purpose of Uno measuring its levels of representation.
Uno Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, educational background, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Uno encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to this role!
Please note: Uno Health interview requests and job offers only originate from hiuno.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Uno Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Uno Health, please notify us at: email@example.com