Product Engineer - Full Stack
Millions of Americans have a right to financial programs like Medicaid, SNAP, and utility assistance. These programs offer significant material relief—and dramatically improved health outcomes—for the people who receive them. But enrolling in them is confusing and challenging, with complicated applications and arcane lists of required documents. That’s where Uno comes in.
Uno Health builds clever, accessible tooling for case management teams, helping them guide Medicare patients down the easiest possible paths to receiving their benefits. We’ve made it our mission to take care of all the messy processes and paperwork and to connect as many people as we can with critical government programs.
About the Role
We are looking to build up Uno's engineering force as we deliver our products to customers. As part of this, we’d like to consider you for our product engineering team. In this role, you will have an immediate and lasting impact on the direction of the product, but also on our team and mission. This is a remote role. Travel to our New York City office may occur a couple times a year for team meetings.
Some of the projects you might work on:
- A benefit enrollment platform to help unlock up to $10,000 of benefits a year for low income seniors and disabled Americans, radically changing the way in which they live and are cared for.
- A data pipeline and analytics infrastructure that can seamlessly integrate multiple sources and users of data.
- Data management and outreach tools to enable our outreach team to keep track of members’ needs outside the doctor’s office and positively impact their lives.
- Real-time reporting for our Medicare insurance clients.
Your work may involve:
- Rapid prototyping of new features for our customer-facing tools.
- Designing data pipelines and implementing data best practices to help Uno grow with its customers.
- Designing the data schema for business process workflows and migrating data to new formats.
- Building the next generation of our benefits eligibility and enrollment engine.
- Iterating on and scaling HIPAA-compliant infrastructure across an array of products.
Our stack today:
- ReactJS/Typescript on the frontend
- NodeJS/Typescript on the backend
- AWS for cloud services (Serverless/Terraform)
- Snowflake and Metabase for data warehousing and analytics
- If you aren't familiar with these technologies, but are excited to learn them, let's chat!
This role requires
- You are a U.S. Resident.
- Experience with agile development basics: sprints, standups, retrospectives
- Excellent communication skills, especially written
- Have a demonstrated ability to breakdown complex projects into discrete tasks and estimate the effort involved
- Extensive experience building and interacting with web based APIs
- Experience building web applications from frontend to backend
- Experience modeling workflows and data in a relational database
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Are deeply mission-driven and want to use your skills to change American healthcare for the better.
- Are excited to take deep ownership over your work as part of an early-stage startup.
- Are excited about shipping code, building a team, and shaping a culture.
- Enjoy working collaboratively with design, product, and operations to ensure you are building a great user experience.
- Relish making your work outputs understandable and actionable at various levels of technical detail to both internal and external stakeholders
- Can move fluidly between system architecture and implementation.
- Take a pragmatic and product-driven approach to development - translating product specs to implementation timelines and achievable goals.
Bonus if you have…
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
- Experience building ReactJS/Typescript websites
- Curiosity about how things work
- A passion for writing clean, maintainable and testable code
- Thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy startup environment.
- Care about healthcare and health inequity.
- Want a hands-on role in all sides of a start-up, from operations to strategy to sales.
- Worked in healthcare or other regulated industries before
- NPS 90 from your grandparents and their friends ;)
Pay, Perks Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $130,000 to $195,000 Base Pay (Levels 3 - 5)
- Remote/Hybrid work environment: We have an office in NYC, and remote teammates.
- Time Off: 25d / 7d sick / 11 paid company holidays - 1 floating holiday
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Growth: Several opportunities for advancement both in leveling up, working on special projects, and learning development opportunities
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand!
Uno Health’s Dedication to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Uno is committed to always pursue greater Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our hiring practices. To achieve Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Uno, we are cognizant of the backgrounds that are underrepresented in our industry and society, and actively work towards achieving more inclusive hiring standards and more equitable outcomes specifically for people from those backgrounds. We currently collect optional demographic information from candidates at the application stage in order to allow us to measure outcomes of people from underrepresented backgrounds in our hiring process. Identifying information about a candidate will never be shared externally and will only be used for the purpose of Uno measuring its levels of representation.
Uno Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, educational background, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Uno encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to this role!
Something looks off?