SDR Manager - Spain
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.4 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year, we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and, of course, GreenPerk, we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are seeking a Sales Development Manager to lead our SDR Team for Spain. Reporting to the Regional Director, in this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a passionate and driven team, contribute to the company's ongoing success, and be part of an innovative and dynamic organization making waves in the travel industry. If you are a motivated individual with a track record of sales and leadership success, we invite you to apply and join our journey to global success.
What will you be doing?
- Lead and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives to generate sales-qualified opportunities (SQLs).
- Assist the team in effectively opening the sales cycle and nurturing prospects.
- Oversee the outbound lead flow and monitor the efficiency of SDR activities.
- Ensure the team can access the necessary tools and databases to succeed.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with team members to support their target achievement.
- Monitor Salesforce metrics and analyze activity on other support tools like 'Outreach.'
- Organize lead pipeline meetings on a regular basis to strategize and optimize results.
- Motivate and inspire the team to consistently perform at their best.
- Collaborate with HR to recruit and onboard top-performing SDRs.
- Work closely with the marketing team to enhance the quantity and quality of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs).
- Provide constructive feedback and support the sales development team in refining their sales approach.
- Cultivate a positive team environment with well-defined boundaries to keep the team focused on success and growth.
- Proactively manage team performance, set targets, conduct performance reviews, and address underperformance.
- Track sales targets and regularly report results to the Regional Director.
- Conduct competitive analysis exercises to ensure an effective market approach.
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing a sales development team of at least 5 to 10 people, with a strong focus on people development and achieving top performance.
- Native-level proficiency in Spanish and high fluency in English is a must.
- Proven experience in implementing and executing successful sales strategies and sales development plans.
- Ability to identify gaps in performance and develop coherent frameworks and initiatives to address them effectively.
- Solid B2B sales experience.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to collaborate effectively with various teams.
- Data analytical skills to provide insightful team and individual performance reports.
What do we offer?
- 💰 A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your wellbeing;
- 📒 Exponential growth & personal development opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice;
- 🌎 "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year;
- 📚 IRL English or Spanish Lessons are held in the Barcelona office.
How we work:
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in real life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub (office locations). We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in real life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.