TravelPerk is revolutionizing the business travel industry. We're committed to making corporate travel easier, more efficient, and more enjoyable. We’ve just raised another $100M+ in funding, and are on a path to rapid scale across the globe. To support that trajectory, we're looking for a Director of Technical Operations to guide us through our next phase of growth and innovation.
As Director of Technical Operations, you will be at the forefront of driving TravelPerk's technological advancements. Your leadership will be critical in supporting our rapid expansion across 8 global hubs. Leading a talented team of IT engineers & managers based in the UK and Barcelona, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategic IT plans, ensuring seamless daily operations, and maintaining the highest level of system security and integrity.
Your role will extend beyond technical oversight, requiring active collaboration with department heads to assess and fulfill technological requirements and guide critical technology-related decisions. This position demands not only a mastery of IT infrastructure and security but also a keen ability to mentor and expand your team, manage a significant budget, and stay ahead of industry trends to position TravelPerk at the forefront of innovation in business travel.
- Develop and implement comprehensive IT strategies to align with the company's goals and objectives.
- Manage day-to-day IT operations, ensuring robust infrastructure, systems, and support.
- Oversee IT budgeting and planning cycles, ensuring efficient financial management.
- Collaborate with department heads, offering guidance on technology decisions and addressing IT needs.
- Be the second-line leader and mentor to a team of 10+ IT engineers, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Uphold data and system security through rigorous security protocols and measures.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts for IT services and products.
- Stay abreast of technological advancements and trends to maintain a competitive and innovative edge.
- Proven leadership experience in an IT Director role or similar (including second-line management).
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise software (e.g., identity management, G-suite, MDM solutions), infrastructure, and operations.
- Demonstrated expertise in IT budgeting and financial management.
- Experience with enterprise security certifications (ISO, SOC2).
- Exceptional leadership, management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative approach to working with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk.
- Generous vacation days for rest and rejuvenation.
- Flexible compensation plan to enhance your net salary.
- Opportunities to travel to one of our global hubs.
- Access to mental health support tools for your wellbeing.
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events.
- Exponential growth opportunities in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.