People Partner - US
We are TravelPerk, a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnB, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team comprises A-players from the travel and technology industries.
We've been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We're revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. We have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk, we are shaping the industry's future. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that's where you come in! If you're ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Join us in our exciting journey of growth and transformation! We are looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on People Partner (HRBP) with a solid background in scaling companies and expanding teams. Your expertise in HR policies, processes, and tools will be the cornerstone of our development. This role is perfect for those based in Boston, Chicago, or Miami and eager to impact our North American teams significantly.
Are you a collaborative, innovative, and ethical HR professional thriving in a vibrant, action-packed environment? Do you have a proven track record that speaks volumes about your commitment and high standards? We're seeking someone ready to go above and beyond, navigating through continuous change with a positive attitude and a proactive spirit.
If you're eager to take on a challenging yet rewarding role, driving growth and fostering a supportive and dynamic culture, we'd love to embark on this exciting journey with you. Let's shape the future with innovation, dedication, and a smile!
What will you be doing?
As a People Partner to the NAM teams, you will drive our People team plans by collaborating closely with our manager and leadership community in NAM. You will guide, mentor, and coach managers and leaders to support TravelPerk’s vision, mission, and overall objectives.
- Partner with leaders and managers to foster and promote best practice standards and the business's core values at all levels.
- Facilitate and support the effective implementation of global people plans and initiatives.
- Support and coach management and leadership in resolving people matters and recommending high-judgment solutions for sensitive and complex situations.
- Own and leverage people's data to influence your client group to keep their organisation healthy.
- Guide career paths/development and manager capability.
- Contribute to the execution of the People Team strategy.
- Ensure that effective and appropriate HR policies, procedures and guidelines are in place, meeting local legal requirements, best practices and organisational objectives.
- Drive the talent management cycle, including promotions and succession planning.
- Set HR priorities through targeted use of HR data and analytics.
- Supporting our transformation and change activities to build resilience, leadership and communication skills in the organisation.
What will you need to succeed?
- Solid background as a People Partner within a fast-growing startup/scale-up organization.
- Proven expertise in partnering with senior management as the first contact point for NAM managers regarding the employee lifecycle.
- Demonstrated capability in either owning or collaborating with fellow People team members to deliver:
- Performance and Development Review Processes, including the facilitation of calibration sessions
- Compensation and benefits reviews
- Workforce Planning
- Talent management
- Upskilling organizations
- Proven insight into talent management, adept at change management and solid project management.
- Proficient in HR systems with a strong competency level.
- Outstanding in both written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytically driven with a data-focused mindset.
- Committed to continuous improvement, consistently raising the bar while staying updated with the latest trends and information.
- Solution-oriented, whether working independently or as part of the People team.
- Developed strong business acumen through extensive job experience.
- Competitive compensation, including equity in TravelPerk
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability with coverage from your start date
- Financial benefits like 401k with company matching and an HSA plan
- Family services that include adoption benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence and hybrid work availability
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs
- Learning and professional development opportunities
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- "Work from anywhere" worldwide allows for 20 working days per year.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Boston, Chicago or Miami hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.