Meetings and Events Executive
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $294m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel industry.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion—by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
We’re continuously growing and adapting to the situation. Because we’re innovators we have been focused on turning lemons into lemonade, during the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexibPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Our dedicated in-house MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, and events team) team works closely with our customers so their group travel and event needs go off without a hitch by ensuring necessary venues and hotels are booked to meet each customer’s unique needs. They also negotiate and secure the best rates to save customers time and money.
We’re hiring a Meetings and Events Executive to serve as primary support for our global customer base, with a focus on our SMB customer base. You’ll be responsible for working with customers on small to medium size group and MICE requests, while also partnering with Sales and Account Management to highlight the value of the MICE team to customers and sell the add-on service.
We are looking for people with an interest in travel but more importantly committed to providing a 7 star customer experience to our amazing customers. We want to grow our current MICE team with brilliant people who are passionate about working in a collaborative environment and who want to make a difference.
What will you be doing?
- Putting together RPF’s for a large portfolio of customers, predominantly UKI based accounts and managing the process from proposal to negotiation terms including site inspections (as relevant and appropriate)
- Working closely with the wider sales organization at Travelperk to increase client awareness of our MICE offering by joining discovery calls and aiming to increase the volume of opportunities generated, especially with the AM teams.
- Coordinating operational process with the cross-collaboration of the wider TravelPerk teams as appropriate and based on customer’s requirements, overseeing set-up of arrangements.
- Dealing with phone calls and email requests/queries from existing and potential new customers in a timely manner
- Providing all TravelPerk customers with suitable options and recommendations of the best way to meet their event or group accommodation requirements
- Proactively maintaining relationships with TravelPerk customers at all times and uncovering future opportunities
- Problem-solving and anticipating customers needs in order to provide the appropriate customer service throughout the entire process
- Processing responses to clients in a timely manner and within the agreed MICE service level agreements
- Acting in accordance with all Company Quality Standard and Procedures
- Actively getting involved in the process operated by the company and making suggestions on possible improvements
- Being part of the global MICE team and actively help and assist colleagues as needed
- Maximizing on every opportunity generating additional revenue streams to support achieving overall revenue targets and drive profitability
What will you need to succeed?
- Great communication, strong organization skills and comfort working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Problem solving attitude with ability to deliver quality work when working under pressure or tight deadlines
- A friendly and professional telephone manner
- Confident in negotiating rates with suppliers over the phone and via email
- Great time management, able to prioritize and multitask
- A positive, flexible attitude and a great team player
Bonus points for:
- Previous sales experience working in a venue sourcing / meetings & events team - preferably agency or hotel background
- Experience working with MICE venue searching tools such as Cvent
- Good knowledge of event venues/hotels and destinations worldwide
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be within commuting distance of our hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.