Sales Development Manager
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is innovative. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
TravelPerk is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sales Development Manager to join our Sales team. As a Sales Development Manager, you will play a crucial role in driving the success of our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) by providing leadership, guidance, and support to a team of up to 12 SDRs. You will work closely with the leadership team to develop and execute strategies that contribute to the growth and success of TravelPerk.
What will you be doing?
- Being the leader of up to 12 Sales Development Representatives and managing to success via:
- Overachievement to quarterly targets.
- Weekly 1 to 1s with your team members to ensure continued success in target achievement.
- Monthly development objectives for the sales team.
- Employee performance management.
- Coaching & mentoring a world-class cross-functional team:
- Have a strong focus on constant skill development of the sales team.
- Identify individual and team training needs.
- Assist with the hiring, onboarding, and training of new SDRs.
- Having an in-depth and detailed understanding of TravelPerk products to confidently provide mentorship for your team.
- Working in partnership with other SDR Managers and internal stakeholders to develop educational material, including presentations, sales scripts and relevant product/feature updates.
- Developing specific training sessions based on collected video recordings.
- Designing training courses using gamification, role-playing activities and pitch-simulation.
What will you need to succeed?
- Significant experience in a sales or business development role, ideally within SaaS or tech-related industry, and a proven track record of success.
- Previous experience in a leadership or management role.
- Strong understanding of the sales development process, from lead generation to opportunity creation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate people.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Very creative and solution-driven attitude.
- Hands-on experience creating presentations (e.g. videos or slides).
- Ability to design effective training and onboarding programs.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to analyze and interpret performance metrics.
- Competitive compensation, including equity in TravelPerk
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability with coverage from your start date
- Financial benefits like 401k with company matching and a HSA plan
- Family services that include adoption benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence and hybrid work availability
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs
- Learning and professional development opportunities
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
How We Work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of either our Chicago or Boston hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritize experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.