Product Designer, Plan Tribe
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including Airbnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team comprises A-players from the travel and technology industries.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. We have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk, we are shaping the industry's future.
We aim to create a business tool that feels just like a consumer one. This is why we are expanding our design team and seeking a Product Designer to join us. If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
What will my day look like?
- Work autonomously on the product experience of one of the key parts of the trip booking flow
- Work on the end-to-end design process, starting with the problem definition to participating in user research, sketching, prototyping and producing final designs
- Iterate on the existing product through constant research, validation, heuristic reviews and discovery, with the support of our UX research team
- Collaborate with your team in defining the product strategy and roadmap
- Contribute to “Suitcase”, our design system
Don't worry, you won't be doing this alone! You’ll collaborate daily with product managers, UX researchers, content designers, engineers, data analysts, and a supportive team of product designers like yourself.
What skills are required?
- 3+ years working as a Product Designer (ideally working with SaaS products)
- Solid knowledge of Figma and remote workshop tools such as FigJam or Miro
- Great understanding of usability principles, information architecture, visual hierarchy, and interaction design patterns (web and mobile)
- An autonomous and proactive mindset
- User-centred mentality (sounds obvious, but we really mean it!)
- Previous experience conducting user interviews and user testing. You will collaborate with our in-house research team for more complex research pieces
- Understanding of business goals and metrics, in order to work alongside product managers
- Solid communication skills to present and articulate your ideas, run small workshops and facilitate collaboration with your team
- Understanding of tech constraints and experience working with engineers
- Familiarity with design systems
- English language skills to a professional level, both writing and speaking
Why you’ll love our team
You’ll join a team of 30+ Product Designers, Content Designers and Researchers, with multiple nationalities, backgrounds and personalities. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment where feedback, transparency, and support are at the core of what we do. We rely on each other's strengths, and we save our competitiveness for the occasional after-work Pictionary game :)
We value autonomy, proactivity, and creativity. We create time, space, and opportunities for you to think, experiment, and share ideas. And we firmly believe in prioritising impact over effort.
Your career and development are supported daily. We will guide you through our Competency Framework, have regular development conversations, and offer a transparent career path - whether you will want to progress as an individual contributor or as a design manager.
Want to know more? Find us at travelperk.design
- Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including occasional travel to one of our hubs;
- A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- Exponential growth opportunities;
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona OR London hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated portfolio and resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you “you”.