Director of Financial Operations
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
As Director of Financial Operations, your primary responsibility will be to oversee financial operations within a global shared services framework. This includes managing order-to-cash and procure-to-pay processes, overseeing global payroll operations in conjunction with local BPOs, and spearheading related financial transformation initiatives.
You will report directly to the VP Controller, and will lead a diverse, globally distributed team of 22 members in a hybrid work setting.
What will you be doing?
- Act as a key strategic partner, enhancing and expanding the shared services and operations of the Finance department to support business growth.
- Work closely with senior leadership and various departments including Sales, Business Development, Legal, Financial Accounting, Tax, Engineering, Strategic Finance, Treasury, HR, and others to facilitate global company initiatives.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to increase the function's value, especially by advancing its transformation agenda.
- Develop, implement, and manage effective internal control policies and procedures, ensuring robust data governance.
- Create KPIs, focusing on both operational and financial metrics.
- Establish a standardization framework for organizational processes and documents, including flow charts, policies, playbooks, and desktop procedures.
- Guide and develop a team of skilled and motivated professionals.
- Be open to taking on additional functions and responsibilities in the future, aligning with personal skills, capabilities, and the overall organizational strategy.
What will make you a great fit?
- Extensive background in Finance, Management Consulting, Advisory, or Accounting across both public and private sectors.
- Proven track record in leading transformational initiatives, including process redesign and team development.
- Previous leadership or management experience in global accounting and financial operations.
- Deep knowledge of Internal Control Frameworks (COSO) and a good understanding of US GAAP.
- Advanced skills in operational process improvement and proficiency in Six Sigma.
- Excellent communication abilities, both verbal and written.
- Customer-focused approach for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with RPA, bots, and other efficiency-enhancing tools.
- Strong analytical capabilities with a meticulous approach to detail.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Holds a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance.
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
- 🌎 "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona or London hubs. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. It is also required for us to verify that candidates and employees meet the eligibility criteria to reside and work in the United Kingdom.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.