Fintech Product Manager, Barcelona
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including Airbnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team comprises A-players from the travel and technology industries.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. We have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk, we are shaping the industry's future. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in! If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
At TravelPerk, we believe in empowering cross-functional teams of talented individuals who are accountable for and dedicated to delivering exceptional results for our customers and the company. As a Product Manager, you will be the architect of value creation by working with stakeholders, customers, and your team to identify opportunities, translate them into a product strategy, and then oversee the execution of the work, iteratively testing hypotheses and correcting course to achieve your goals.
The Pay Tribe is TravelPerk’s in-house fintech: we look after the complex infrastructure that enables millions of dollars to be transacted on our platform every day, everywhere in the world, as well as providing the tools to help both our customers and internal teams deal with money and automate accounting processes with a high level of reliability, security and accuracy.
We are looking for a Product Manager for our Accounting Automation team, to build AI-powered products and services to help finance teams make sense of travel spend, match invoices and payments, sync data between expense management and accounting platforms, and claim back VAT on travel expenses. You will be the owner of one of TravelPerk’s key value propositions, directly impacting finance teams, frequently the ultimate decision-makers in spending millions of dollars with TravelPerk.
What you'll do
- Insight generation: Using quantitative and qualitative insight generation to understand the biggest opportunities for impact, sharing these with stakeholders and turning them into strategies
- Articulate and communicate the context and vision for your product areas, in a way which motivates your teams and brings clarity to your stakeholders.
- Define strategies that communicate why a problem needs tackling, how it is going to be tackled and the metrics used to judge impact.
- Work closely with internal teams, including developers, designers, and operations, to execute your strategy at speed and incrementally deliver value.
- Answer incoming questions about your area of the product and provide relevant training, including facilitating the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- You’ll practice a servant-leadership style to help your teams achieve a high-performing state. You’ll shield the makers from external distractions and optimise their environment and ways of working for enhanced velocity, impact, product mindset and a great culture.
- Help us grow a 7-star product organisation. You’ll constantly be learning to develop your personal craft, and to uncover (and spread) new ideas and inspiration among your colleagues.
- You’ll also mentor and train fellow product managers and associates. You may also take on line management responsibilities for a small group of PMs.
What will you need to succeed?
We need someone who has a proven track record of bringing incredible products to life with a data-driven and user-centric approach. Your background will include:
- A proven track record of 5+ years at an Internet-based company, with at least 2 years as a Product Manager. Web development experience is valued but not a necessity.
- Comfortable with concepts related to finance and tax, and demonstrated ability to work with finance stakeholders.
- Great understanding of how to build software products with a demonstrated ability to break down complex projects into smaller milestones adding incremental value.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, or data..
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your proposal in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with Engineers, Data/Data Science, Customer Support, Legal, Finance/Accounting and other key stakeholders.
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk (amount depends on role)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private medical insurance from Bupa
- Life insurance with Zurich
- Access to voluntary Dental Insurance through Bupa
- Discounts on 12-month gym memberships with GymFlex
- Free access to iFeel - a wellbeing app with wellbeing resources, online chats with therapists and access to 16 face to face video sessions with a therapist a year
- 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- A ’Work from anywhere’ in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
- Free access to Udemy for Business to support development and growth
- Opportunity to invest in the TK Share Plan
- Access to a wide variety of discounts and rewards
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including our spectacular annual summer party
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our HUB NAME hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated portfolio and resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.