Account Manager - Benelux and Nordics
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you're ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a customer-oriented and result-driven candidate to join our Account Management Team. As an Account Manager at TravelPerk, you will be actively contributing to our continued customer satisfaction as well as working to increase growth and margin within existing accounts. In this role you will be responsible for a portfolio of small and medium sized accounts within the Benelux and Nordics markets. You must possess a genuine hunger to navigate your accounts in a fast-changing, hyper-growth environment, be ready to roll-up your sleeves and work hard.
What will you be doing?
- Own a portfolio of SMB (small and medium) customers and develop a high level of customer engagement with your contact and key decision makers within your accounts.
- Gain a deep understanding of your customers business and be able to leverage this information to ensure that the customer maximises their usage of TravelPerk.
- Identify growth opportunities and develop your portfolio by adding new business opportunities.
- Leverage data analytics to provide clients with regular business reviews, reports and presentations to senior stakeholders.
- Be an expert on the portfolio of TravelPerk products in order to meet & exceed quarterly targets of up-selling and cross-selling.
- Develop strong relationships with your clients that will shape their business travel programmes.
- Identify common problems within each account and develop strategies to solve issues in a timely manner whilst creating methods to ensure long term solutions.
- Act as a key contact between the internal TravelPerk teams and the Account Management Team, to ensure product integrations during roll-outs are as smooth as possible.
- Effectively prioritize your time in order to maximize impact in key business areas.
What you will need to succeed?
- Native or near native level of English. A fluent level of Dutch will be a nice to have!
- Minimum 1-2 years of account management or customer success experience.
- Background within a SaaS or travel-tech business is highly preferred.
- Outstanding presentation & communication skills and the ability to build deep relationships.
- Great prioritization and time management skills.
- Result oriented mindset while keeping customer satisfaction as your top priority.
- Great ability to analyze and translate data for your customers.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are...
- Empathetic: someone who can identify with the customer and genuinely wants to support them using an optimal problem-solving methodology.
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and never get lost in less important ideas that are floating around.
- You seek feedback early and often and are open to both give and take constructive criticism.
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, products, and culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate them, support them, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, products, and community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.