Account Manager SMB - DACH
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
We are looking for a German-speaking Account Manager to contribute to our continued customer satisfaction as well as working to increase growth and margin within existing accounts. We put a huge emphasis on customer satisfaction and view our continued success as an organisation very much down to our happy customer base therefore this role will be pivotal in ensuring we continue to wow them with the best possible support. You’ll possess a genuine hunger to navigate your accounts through a fast-changing, hyper-growth environment, a curiosity for business travel to grow your knowledge and be ready to roll-up your sleeves and work hard.
If you're ready to take off with us, keep reading!
What you will do:
- Own a portfolio of SMB customers and develop a high level of customer engagement with influential users within those accounts.
- Gain a deep understanding of your customers business and show you understand and identify with their goals as an organisation and within the wider business travel space; you’ll then use this information to develop solutions and education strategies for their teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of the TravelPerk portfolio of products, in order to fully understand and appreciate each stage of the customer journey.
- Identify common problems within each account and develop strategies to solve each issue in a timely manner whilst also developing foolproof methods to ensure repeat issues are a thing of the past.
- Be TravelPerk’s biggest advocate within your clients and your clients biggest advocate within TravelPerk. You’ll be the first one to address any issues, get support from our technical teams but also educate your clients on any new product features
What we would like:
- Relevant work experience within Account Management or Customer Success role.
- Native or near-native proficiency in German.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Experience in the Travel industry and/or SaaS products.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Customer focused with a passion of working with people.
- Excellent analytical abilities with a fluency in Excel.
- Solid analytical background.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and never get lost in less important ideas that are floating around.
- You seek feedback early and often and are open to both give and take constructive and direct criticism.
- As an Account Manager at TravelPerk you are the guardian of our relationships with our clients so we would love you to also be empathetic, honest and trustworthy and to always consider the bigger picture.
- 💰 A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan;"
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth & personal development opportunities.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3-4 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub (https://www.travelperk.com/contact/). We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.