Sales Executive - German Speaking
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including Airbnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team comprises A-players from the travel and technology industries.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. We have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk, we are shaping the industry's future. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in! If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
You are a hungry, perseverant, focused German-speaker who is not afraid to hit the phone to engage with new customers and grow our sales. Reporting to the Sales Manager, as a new Sales Executive you will be part of our sales team to help us achieve our ambitious goals within the DACH market. You will showcase excellent communication, relationship, and negotiation skills with our clients and allow us to scale the business by selling a disruptive product and changing how organisations budget, book, and manage their business travel.
This is your chance to be part of a team with a fun, multicultural and collaborative culture.
What will you be doing?
- Managing all outbound and inbound leads for the DACH market;
- Presenting demos to potential clients and owning the follow-up until closing the deal;
- Seeking to understand the needs of your target prospects and articulating the value that TravelPerk provides which is most aligned to the needs of that customer;
- Maintain accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in Salesforce;
- Working closely with the Marketing team to develop new ways to increase awareness of TravelPerk and to evolve and improve the lead qualification process;
- Conducting a high-level discussion with a wide variety of stakeholders, from Office Managers to CFOs, to explain the TravelPerk Value Proposition.
- Becoming an expert in TravelPerk and our ever-evolving features.
What will you need to succeed?
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written. Being a native German speaker with high fluency in English is a must;
- Solid experience working in a Sales position, preferably phone-based and with a high percentage of hunting involved;
- Good understanding of B2B solution selling with a short sales cycle;
- Strong character and perseverance and are goal-oriented;
- You can work as an individual contributor and as a part of a team;
- You have a customer-centric mindset
- Legal authorization to work in Spain.
- 💰 A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your wellbeing;
- 📒 Exponential growth & personal development opportunities.
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- 🌎 "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub (office locations). We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.