Senior Bids Specialist
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you're ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated Senior Bids Specialist to join the sales team.
As an experienced Bid Manager you will demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude and have strong leadership and communication skills, being able to develop solid relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business and adapt your style in a fast paced environment. Candidates will have excellent organisational skills with proven experience of writing compelling responses and compiling documentation, alongside new ideas and best practice that they can bring to the team.
This role can be based from our Birmingham/Barcelona OR London hub.
What you will do
- As part of the Bid Team, prepare high quality responses to a wide variety of individual client requirements as well as complex framework tenders;
- Coordinate and respond to bids including PQQ’s and ITT’s, undertaking research where necessary in order to set the context to the clients’ wider needs or challenges;
- Project manage the end to end tender process from leading kick off to submission, as well as developing the commercial proposition with internal stakeholders;
- Work to a stringent bid qualification process;
- Deliver consistently high quality and ultimately winning proposals in line with tight deadlines;
- Ensure the quality assurance of all written submissions, ensuring factual correctness and consistency of sales messages;
- Take part in customer facing pre-tender meetings, where appropriate, in order to understand the customer’s requirements
- Develop and maintain the bid library content and lead best practice in the quality of collateral and content available for bid submission;
- Contribute to the sales collateral and other marketing materials to support the entire bids process;
- Excellent proofreading of own work prior to peer review;
- Continuous improvement approach to ensure we continue to challenge our thinking and raise our game;
- Develop and maintain excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships.
What you need
- Significant experience in UK bid management and writing, with evidence of wins (2+ years preferred);
- Excellent written English skills and the ability to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of the audience;
- Methodical organised approach with excellent attention to detail;
- Proven capability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines where necessary.
- Excellent team player
Nice to have
- Experience within the business travel industry
- Experience of managing UKI Public Sector tenders
- EMEA / Global Bid experience
- Salesforce experience
- Google drive experience
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, products, and culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate them, support them, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, products, and community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Something looks off?