Sales Development Representative - English speaker
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Are you an ambitious, driven and energetic person willing to start your career in Sales? Do you want to work for a game-changer in the travel industry? If so, we need to talk!
We are currently looking for Sales Development Representatives to help us achieve our ambitious goals. The ideal SDR is a persevering and focused professional, who will partner with the Marketing team to feed our sales funnel to qualify and engage potential new customers within the Benelux Market for TravelPerk.
This is an excellent opportunity to join TravelPerk, being part of a fresh but seasoned A-players Sales Team, in a position with huge professional development possibilities. You will learn from the best people, working within a fun and collaborative culture. Help us scale by selling a disruptive product that is changing the way organisations budget, book and manage their business travel.
What you will do:
- Understand the travel technology landscape through industry research and competitive selling.
- Gain SaaS sales experience by working within our SMB and Enterprise segments to generate interest and qualify leads for our Sales Executives.
- Generate outbound activity, and run outreach campaigns using a combination of phone, email, and social touches to identify, contact, and qualify potential customers.
- Evaluate leads, and schedule product demonstrations between our Sales Executives and potential clients.
- Understand the needs of our target prospects and articulate the value that TravelPerk provides.
- Become a valued SaaS technology expert by learning about our partner landscape and advising on end-to-end software solutions along the value chain.
- Learn corporate selling strategies by running meetings and high-level conversations with C-level executives (Office Managers, CFO or Travel Managers) to explain the Travel Perk Value Proposition
- Collaborate cross-functionally with multiple teams to understand all the moving parts of a successful startup company.
- Use Salesforce to generate and manage a pipeline of leads and opportunities.
What you need:
- Native level of spoken and written English is a must
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both spoken and written.
- Ability to build great credibility over the phone with prospects.
- Good understanding of B2B solution selling with a short sales cycle.
- A goal-oriented person with strong character and perseverance.
- Hungry and ambitious, yet ethical and sound.
- Strong character and perseverance.
- Able to work as an individual contributor, but bearing in mind you are part of a team.
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Proactive and capable of thinking outside the box to generate leads.
Bonus points for…
- Previous Business Development or sales experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar is also a plus.
- 💰 A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth & personal development opportunities.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub (office locations). We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.
Something looks off?