Who we are
Transcarent is the One Place for health and care. We cut through the complexity, making it easy for people to access high-quality, affordable care. With a personalized app tailored for each Member, an on-demand care team, and a connected ecosystem of high-quality, in-person care and virtual point solutions, Transcarent eliminates the guesswork to confidently guide Members to the right level of care. We take accountability for results – offering at-risk pricing models and transparent impact reporting to align incentives towards measurably better experience, better health, and lower costs. At Transcarent, you will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
What you’ll do
- Communicate and follow-up with plan members to ensure understanding of the program while delivering exceptional customer service
- Answers the phones and responds to incoming inquiries while utilizing care center training tools
- Facilitates patients successfully through the surgery review process, exceeding expectations while meeting the program metrics
- Efficiently and effectively manages a case load across a variety of clients and surgical categories
- Coordinate the scheduling and approval process from the initial request for surgery to patient placement
- Obtain the necessary information – demographic, financial, clinical and other pertinent data to complete referral process
- Obtain medical records in a timely and accurate manner to ensure an expedited process
- Maintain and update application with current data, pertinent information, and status of cases
- Collaborate with providers, clinics and facilities, and various levels of management to effectively resolve issues. Obtain pre-authorizations.
- Works effectively with other supporting operational roles and internal departments, to coordinate the member’s case
- Effectively address and resolve patient barriers to utilize the benefit including working with members to address program questions
- Maintain confidentiality and knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Demonstrate Transcarent core values
- Comply with company policies
- Be willing and available to work overtime as needed
What we’re looking for
- 2 to 4 years customer relationship and phone center experience
- Available to work 11:30am - 8:00pm Mountain Time
- Proficient in data entry, Microsoft Office, and contact center-style phone systems
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A “delight the customer” attitude
- Prior healthcare industry experience with a working knowledge of medical terminology and health benefits claim process
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Project management-type skills; prior experience managing a high-volume caseload
- An ability to focus in a high energy atmosphere
- Openness and understanding that dynamic environments include change, and welcoming that change with a positive attitude
Nice to have
- Experience in surgical scheduling
- Strong skills in multitasking
- Ability to move between multiple technologies
- $24.00 - $25.00/hour
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.