Bilingual Intake Coordinator
Who we are
Transcarent is the One Place for health and care. We cut through the complexity, making it easy for people to access high-quality, affordable care. With a personalized app tailored for each Member, an on-demand care team, and a connected ecosystem of high-quality, in-person care and virtual point solutions, Transcarent eliminates the guesswork to confidently guide Members to the right level of care. We take accountability for results – offering at-risk pricing models and transparent impact reporting to align incentives towards measurably better experience, better health, and lower costs. At Transcarent, you will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
What you’ll do
- Accountable for engaging, educating, and qualifying new and existing members on our Surgery Care program offering and ensuring all benefits are clearly articulated and understood.
- Depending on the client, offer additional services and then route the call to the pod member who can best assist the member in next steps.
- Provide exceptional customer service through inbound/outbound calls in our fast-paced, contact center environment.
- Offer member guidance, including verification of benefits.
- Ask probing questions to recognize additional patient needs.
- Partner with internal clinical professionals in providing member guidance.
- Work with highly sensitive information while maintaining Personal Protected Information (PPI) requirements.
- Adjust shift/scheduling based on the needs of the organization (including occasional paid overtime, shift differential, and working holiday).
- May or will work evening/overnight shifts on a rotating schedule.
What we’re looking for
- 1 year of experience in a customer service and/or sales call center role
- Verifiable strong ability to influence
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively organize work activities to meet deadlines • Bilingual (Spanish & English) preferred
- A “delight the customer” attitude
- Strong administrative/technical skills; Comfort working on a PC using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM tools (Salesforce), IM/video conferencing (Slack/Zoom), and telephones efficiently.
- Strong customer service skills with a caring personality, willing to put in extra effort to ensure our members are taken care of during potentially difficult times.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written); comfortable talking on the phone for extended periods of time and replying to emails in a timely manner.
- Trustworthy and accountable behavior, capable of viewing and maintaining confidential personal information daily.
- A designated, distraction-free home office space with ability to hard wire connect to high-speed internet (no Wi-Fi)
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.