Who we are
Transcarent is the One Place for health and care. We cut through the complexity, making it easy for people to access high-quality, affordable care. With a personalized app tailored for each Member, an on-demand care team, and a connected ecosystem of high-quality, in-person care and virtual point solutions, Transcarent eliminates the guesswork to confidently guide Members to the right level of care. We take accountability for results – offering at-risk pricing models and transparent impact reporting to align incentives towards measurably better experience, better health, and lower costs. At Transcarent, you will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
What we look for in this role
The Registered Nurse reports to the Director, Clinical Operations and is responsible for guiding members through their Transcarent experience in partnership with Transcarent’s Care Support Services Department. This role also supports quality assurance and improvement efforts and operations related to our Centers of Excellence (COE) program in accordance with the Transcarent Quality Tenets. The Registered Nurse will reflect the mission, vision, and value statements of Transcarent to internal departments and external plan sponsors, providers, and partners.
What you will do
- Support the Care Support Services Department with clinical subject matter expertise and guidance relating to individual cases and in broader strategy and processes. This includes direct support to Plan Members.
- Partner with the Care Support Services Department to manage a case load efficiently and effectively across a variety of clients and clinical categories.
- Supports members to introduce, coordinate, and guide members through their Transcarent experience.
- Work effectively with other supporting operational roles and internal departments, to coordinate the member's case.
- Effectively address and resolve patient barriers to utilize the benefit including working with members to address program questions, including collecting medical records in a timely and accurate manner to ensure an expedited process.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop new or update existing quality measures, protocols, processes and policies to minimize risk and ensure compliance.
- Work collaboratively with our COE facility and provider partners in support of achieving the highest quality experience for our Members.
- Support the Provider Relations team with guidance relating to COE facilities and providers for targeting and participation.
- Support the operational needs of the COE program from a clinical perspective including monitoring and support for member complications.
What we're looking for
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Registered Nurse and current licensure, BSN required
- 3+ years of oncology experience required
- A minimum of 5 years clinical acute care experience as a practicing RN preferred
- Flexibility - Openness and understanding that dynamic environments include change, and welcoming that change with a positive attitude
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.