Bilingual Health Guide
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
In this role you will...
Transcarent Health Guides work to ensure that all of our Members have an excellent experience using our services and products. As a Health Guide, you will walk hand in hand with Transcarent Members through their healthcare journey. By serving as a concierge and a navigator, you will help each individual make the best health and financial decisions for themselves and their family. Over the course of your interactions and relationship, you will deeply understand the healthcare needs of the Member, guide them to the best options available to them and support them throughout their full healthcare experience.
Who You Are
- Passionate about helping make the healthcare system better and easier for everyone
- Interested in providing personalized support that recognizes and honors the whole person
- Organized, with a proven ability to manage through multiple tasks and priorities
- Able to work effective in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Flexible, resilient, open to new ideas, and willing to take on new responsibilities
- Humble, warm, and relationship-focused
What you'll do
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Transcarent Members
- Provide comprehensive support, which may include education, referrals, concierge activities, and guidance
- Facilitates patients successfully through the surgery process, exceeding expectations while meeting the program metrics
- Coordinate the scheduling and approval process from a qualified request for surgery to patient placement
- Understand common clinical conditions sufficiently to offer guidance to appropriate resources but not provide formal medical guidance
- Determine appropriate referrals to other programs/services as needed with or without technology guidance.
- Demonstrate an ability to connect with Members across all communication channels (phone, chat, email, messaging) in order to build a relationship based on trust
- Appropriately adapt communication styles and channels to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age - specific needs of each Member served
- Demonstrate exceptional levels of service
- Leverage coaching skills to understand needs and wants of the Member and guide them on each step of their journey
- Assist Members in creating and achieving a healthy vision for a successful health and care journey
What we're looking for
- 2 to 4 years’ customer relationship and phone center experience
- Available to work the following schedule: Sunday - Thursday (Fri/Sat off). Hours: Sun: 8am - 4:30pm PST, Mon-Thurs: 10:30am - 7pm PST
- Ability to read/write/speak in English and Spanish
- Prior healthcare industry experience with a working knowledge of medical terminology and health benefits or claims process
- Basic understanding of the healthcare system
- Strong administrative/technical skills; Comfort working on a PC using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM tools (Salesforce), IM/video conferencing (Slack/Zoom), and telephones efficiently
- A designated, distraction-free home office space with ability to hard wire connect to high-speed internet (no Wi-Fi)
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.