Director, Live Services Operations
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
What we look for in this role
We are hiring an experienced Director of Operations to join our fast-growing team. The Director collaborates with cross-functional leaders while partnering with solutions, product, finance, and legal to create the next generation of service delivery. In this role they will help drive the optimization and expansion efforts of the Live Services team focused on service excellence and care delivery. We are transforming the way care is delivered and we are looking for a leader who is as enthusiastic about that as we are. In this role you will be responsible for operational execution and excellence focusing on both external and internal stakeholders to create seamless, end to end experiences for our customers.
What you will do
- Help establish, support, implement, and communicate operational plans to front line teammates.
- Oversee daily operations and performance of the Live Services teams across the full set of Transcarent products and solutions (Surgery Care, Everyday Care, Oncology, BH, MSK etc.).
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations related projects and systems.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes.
- Provide support in recruiting, interviewing and hiring and train applicable department staff.
- Collaborate with other solutions leads to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Establish, communicate, and implement operations-related policies and ‘best practices’ to ensure a quality, consistent, and effective experience is delivered to members.
- Support leadership review of important corporate objectives such as cost estimates, vendeor requirements, and staffing requirements.
- Lead, coach, manage, and develop front line teammates. Build bench strength in critical support areas while proactively managing performance.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of work experience in operations, service delivery management, and consumer/clinical and health care provider-focused products
- Health care industry knowledge and associated work experience highly preferred
- Health care call center operations experience preferred
- 7+ years of leadership or management experience required; experience building and leading high functioning teams with multiple direct reports
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to multi task and prioritize using a continuous improvement mindset
- Analytics and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills; Highly collaborative and flexible
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills; a “accountability first” mindset
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Something looks off?