Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
In this role you will...
The role of the Care Coordinator is to work with members to coordinate and guide members through their Transcarent Surgery Care experience. In this caseload carrying role, you will have an opportunity to improve members’ lives.
Responsibilities include answering the phone, educating members on their benefits, uploading documents into the computer system, coordinating member surgical care with providers, obtaining precertification authorizations, and working in collaboration with internal and external customers to ensure a flawless experience for our members. The Care Coordinator will interface with intake coordinators, records management, travel coordinators, and clinical contacts at provider locations.
What you'll do
- Facilitate patients successfully through the surgery review process, exceeding expectations while meeting the program metrics
- Communicate and follow-up with plan members to ensure understanding of the program while delivering exceptional customer service
- Coordinate the scheduling and approval process from receipt of a qualified lead for surgery to patient placement
- Responds to inquiries from assigned members via multiple modes of communication including phone, chat, email and in-app messaging
- Efficiently and effectively manage a case load across a variety of clients and surgical categories and update platform with pertinent information and status of cases
- Obtain the necessary information – demographic, financial, clinical and other pertinent data to complete referral process
- Collaborate with providers, clinics and facilities, and various levels of management to effectively resolve issues
- Obtain pre-authorizations
- Works effectively with other supporting operational roles and internal departments, to coordinate the member’s case
- Effectively address and resolve patient barriers to utilize the benefit
- Maintain confidentiality and knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Demonstrate Transcarent core values
- Comply with company policies
- Be willing and available to work overtime as needed
What we're looking for
- 2 to 4 years’ customer relationship and phone center experience
- Strong administrative/technical skills; Comfort working on a PC using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM tools (Salesforce), IM/video conferencing (Slack/Zoom), and contact center-style phone systems
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A “delight the customer” attitude
- Prior healthcare industry experience with a working knowledge of medical terminology and health benefits claim process
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Prior experience managing a high-volume caseload
- Openness and understanding that dynamic environments include change, and welcoming that change with a positive attitude
- A designated, distraction-free home office space with ability to hard wire connect to high-speed internet (no Wi-Fi)
- Pacific or Mountain Time preferred – available to work 9:30-6:00pm MT
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Something looks off?