Production Engineer (Software Development)
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be part of the Production Engineering team, playing a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of ThoughtSpot's products and services by addressing and solving customer issues promptly and effectively.
- Debug customer's operational issues and provide comprehensive solutions.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to identify the root causes of issues and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain tools and services for faster triaging and resolution of operational issues.
- Fix bugs in production code with high quality, following the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
What You’ll Do:
- Investigate and diagnose customer-reported operational issues in the TS Everywhere domain.
- Together with the TSE engineering team, share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers, to address the identified issues.
- Write and maintain documentation, tools, and services that aid in identifying and resolving issues more efficiently.
- Follow best practices and the SDLC process to ensure high-quality bug fixes.
- Communicate effectively with customers to provide timely updates and solutions.
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to work with APIs, authentication, and security protocols.
- A minimum of 3 years of software development experience is required, demonstrating the ability to work with complex software systems.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to identify and address the root causes of operational issues.
- Ability to make informed design decisions to improve software performance and reliability.
- Effective communication is essential for collaborating with cross-functional teams and providing updates to customers.
- Proficiency in debugging complex software systems to identify and resolve issues efficiently.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.