Director, Customer Success Operations
What is the job?
Director, Customer Success Operations (Remote)
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Customer Success Operations to join our growing team and play a pivotal role in optimizing our customer success function. As the Director of Customer Success Operations, you will be responsible for designing and implementing processes, tools, and strategies to ensure exceptional customer experiences and long-term satisfaction. In this role you will be deeply involved in the Customer Success team and will serve as the right-hand person for CS leadership.
What you’ll do: Responsibilities:
- Customer Success Strategy: Work with Customer Success Leadership to develop and execute the overall customer success strategy, aligning it with the company's vision and goals to drive customer retention, expansion, and advocacy.
- Customer Success Cadence: Define key performance metrics and targets, create reports and dashboards to derive insights into the health of the business, identify areas of weakness, and present improvement recommendations to CS leadership.
- Operations Design and Implementation: Build and optimize scalable and efficient customer success processes, ensuring smooth customer onboarding, adoption, and ongoing support. Tier existing customers, assign them to CSMs, re-distribute workload as needed, and forecast hiring needs. Build CSM playbooks to define touchpoints with customers, optimizing account coverage across high-touch and digital touch models.
- Data Analysis, Financial Planning and Reporting: Utilize data analytics to gain insights into customer behavior and success metrics, providing actionable recommendations for continuous improvement. Financial planning to help track budgets, personnel utilization, and forecasting headcount and P/L metrics as needed.
- Customer Journey Mapping: Understand customer journeys and pain points to identify areas for process improvement and customer engagement optimization.
- Tools and Technology: Evaluate, implement, and manage customer success tools and systems to enhance team productivity and ensure effective customer communication and tracking.
- Team Enablement: Collaborate with Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and other stakeholders to equip them with the necessary training, resources, and best practices to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Partner with sales, marketing, product, and engineering teams to ensure alignment on customer needs and foster a customer-centric culture across the organization.
- Customer Feedback and Advocacy: Develop mechanisms to gather customer feedback and insights, leveraging customer success stories and references to drive customer advocacy.
- Customer Health Monitoring: Define and track key customer health indicators to proactively identify at-risk customers and implement strategies for retention and upselling. Continue to refine models to drive predictable and measurable customer outcomes
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with industry trends and best practices, driving a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the customer success function.
- Annual Planning: Orchestrate the design and implementation of all aspects of the Go-To-Market plan under the annual planning cycle. This includes resource allocation, compensation, etc.
- Executive Communications: You will play a strong role in All Hands deck creations, Operations reviews, QBR preps, Board material prep and general executive reporting.
What we look for: Basic Qualifications:
- Educational Background: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field. An MBA is a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years of experience in customer success operations or customer success leadership roles, preferably in the SaaS enterprise space.
- SaaS Knowledge: Strong understanding of the SaaS business model and familiarity with customer success methodologies and best practices.
- Analytical Skills: Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with proficiency in data analysis and using insights to drive business decisions.
- Project Management: Demonstrated experience in leading and executing projects from inception to completion, with a focus on process optimization and efficiency.
- Customer-Centric Mindset: A customer-centric approach with a deep commitment to delivering exceptional customer experiences and driving customer success.
- Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and engage with customers.
- Leadership: Proven ability to lead and mentor a team, fostering a positive and performance-driven work culture.
- Startup Mindset: Thrive in a dynamic startup environment, demonstrating adaptability, resilience, and a willingness to take initiative.
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.