Engineering Manager (Notebooks)
Data-driven companies win. ThoughtSpot provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualisation product. By serving both analysts and business users, ThoughtSpot provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
Engineers at ThoughtSpot work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration, and engineering excellence.
The Engineering Manager for Notebooks & IDE will be focused on building a rapid interactive user experience for analysts, to work with large scale and real-time data to build data models, visualizations and storytelling in Mode!
What we look for
- 8+ years of total experience with 2+ years of managerial experience
- Strong software development experience
- Familiarity with database technologies
- High degree of empathy for the team and individual outcomes
- A growth mindset and excitement about breaking the status quo by seeking innovative solutions.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written, and an interest in working with a diverse set of peers and customers.
- Experience hiring and building teams
- Alignment with ThoughtSpot's values
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks
- DevOps and Infrastructure experience (Docker, AWS, Kubernetes) a definite plus
- Backend: Java 8+, Go, Ruby
- Frontend Stack: Angular, Ace Editor
- Infrastructure and orchestration: Terraform, Docker
- A wide array of AWS services including EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, ECR, ECS
- Monitoring and observability: Honeycomb, Wavefront, Bugsnag
- GitHub, Circle CI
What you'll bring
- Own the Notebooks experiences used by analysts and data scientists
- Mentor, manage and grow a team of engineers
- Work cross-functionally with the other members of the engineering and product team to ensure that the team is delivering value to ThoughtSpot's business
- Work with engineering leadership to develop career pathing and manage the performance of your team members
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
ThoughtSpot is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.Benefits you can expect as a ThoughtSpot employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.