Senior Technical Revenue Analyst
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Revenue Analyst to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in our revenue accounting processes, collaborating closely with Sales, Legal, and Deal Desk teams to ensure accurate and compliant customer contract review and revenue recognition. With a focus on maintaining our revenue recognition policy and implementing best practices, you will contribute to the growth and success of our organization, particularly as we prepare for an exciting IPO journey.
What You'll do:
- Proactively collaborate with Sales, Legal, and Deal Desk teams to facilitate customer contract review and account for obligations in final signed contracts, planning revenue on sales transactions within a multi-system process.
- Build a strong working relationship and open communication with our auditors to ensure revenue accounting practices are compliant with ASC 606.
- Maintain the company’s revenue recognition policy with corroborated support.
- Calculate and plan capitalization for Cost of Sales, partnering with the Commission team on automation implementation.
- Support revenue Month-End activities including journal entry preparation, reconciliation of revenue and deferred revenue schedules, and disclosures.
- Help to implement Revenue best practice policies, procedures, and processes in preparation for IPO.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of progressive revenue recognition experience, including extensive knowledge of software revenue recognition accounting rules under ASC 606.
- Interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization and across functions.
- Professional agility with strong time and project management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- NetSuite, Salesforce and revenue automation experience a plus
- A passion for data, process improvement, and leveraging technology.
- Licensed CPA preferred
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.