Member of Technical Staff- DevSecOps
We, at ThoughtSpot, are looking for a DevSecOps Engineer to join our world-class Infrastructure & Engineering Ops team at Hyderabad. You will be a hands-on technical engineer responsible to build, scale, secure and manage state of the art, geographically distributed Engineering Infrastructure, SDLC automation and Software BOM to enable the engineering teams globally.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that critical services offered by the Infrastructure and Development team such as Kuberenetes cluster management, agent nodes, SDLC critical services, meet the 99.9% availability SLA and are secure.
- Perform system administration tasks on the fleet of servers deployed across various workloads.
- Configure RBAC, integrate LDAP, SSO authentication for any new service that comes up.
- Partner with peers to implement the most appropriate technologies, and frameworks to secure our infrastructure and maintain its posture consistently
- Collaborate with stakeholders across product and engineering teams to drive high quality services and features in a fast-paced environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues, lead incident reviews and root cause analysis of infrastructure related issues.
- Learning to continuously improve service quality and engineering standards
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in the IT industry, with at least recent 5 years in a similar role.
- Must have experience working with geographically distributed teams and infrastructure, preferably in a high release velocity/startup environment.
- Experience in engineering infrastructure development with latest cloud-native technologies like Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, Public Clouds, etc., and expertise in configuring Networking for the Hybrid cloud ecosystem.
- Thorough knowledge of deployment, management and cost optimisation techniques for Machine Instances on Public Clouds (must have - AWS, good to have - GCP, Azure)
- Working experience on virtualization platforms (VMware ESXi, Linux KVM, etc.), deployment and VM management
- Sound knowledge of DevOps tools such as Jenkins 2.0, CircleCI, Github.
- Strong scripting skills in Infrastructure as Code with Ansible, Terraform or Groovy scripting
- Intermediate to Expert level hands-on scripting using one of Java, Python or Go, along with Database skills in MongoDB, NoSQL, PostGres, MySQL etc.,
- Familiarity with Distributed Systems and/or any Frontend technologies to build simple and intuitive GUI for internal DevOps services.
- Exposure to monitoring tools like prometheus or similar is a must.
- Exposure to logging frameworks like Kibana, Logstash, etc., is a plus.
- Must have built at least one such Product, Framework or Service Hands-On, and led a small team of engineers technically in the effort
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.