Software Development Engineer In Test
We, at ThoughtSpot, are looking for an Customer Experience Engineer. You will build and work with a highly skilled customer experience team whose mission is to alleviate the experience of all Thoughtspot customers across its products and offerings.
This team works with all product, engineering and customer teams across Thoughtspot, It is responsible for enhancing customer experience by building automation frameworks and tools, defining right quality processes and gates by acting as an owner for QA practices at Thoughtspot.
- Define and drive increasing quality for the product by enabling engineering teams to deliver higher quality by default. This involves identifying and building high-leverage tools, test frameworks and processes among others to improve overall product quality.
- Deliver effective test plans through active involvement in design and architecture discussions for all new initiatives along with engineers, PMs and other key stakeholders.
- Define and defend exit criteria for feature/component releases
- Define and implement measurable quality standards for the application with tools and processes along the lines of full stack product performance, availability, user experience and functionality.
- Hire and mentor other team members and enable team growth
You know you are the right person if you:
- Deeply passionate about the quality of products, the associated user experience and uncompromising engineering standards. You have been doing this for 6+ years and are still wide-eyed about the possibilities of delivering high-quality products with velocity at scale.
- A techy by heart and solid experience and expertise in building UI test frameworks for react and angular based applications
- Experience is one or more of these frameworks - Protractor with Jasmine / Playwright / cypress
- Strong coding skills with respect to developing frameworks, tests and must have strong inclination towards reliable tests in CI
- Prior experience towards building test strategies and tests which are more lean in nature and ability to find critical bugs using manual or automation testing.
- Have a BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Have experience with framework development and automated testing of web applications or distributed systems
- Have excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills in a diverse environment working with cross-functional teams
- Actively provide technical leadership and mentorship in your team to help people be more effective and grow
Great! If you have these as well:
Experience in building mobile automation frameworks and tests
- Prior experience in building A/B testing strategies from UI stand point.
- Prior understanding of graphql
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
The world’s most innovative companies use AI-Powered Analytics from ThoughtSpot to empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability to ask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action. ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
- You have read and understood the Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) and acknowledge the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the Notice.
- You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failure to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for a job with us.
- The information you give us is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related unfavorable information. Providing any inaccurate or misleading information may make you ineligible for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.