Senior Financial Analyst, GTM Finance
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
ThoughtSpot is the experience layer of the modern data stack, leading the industry with our AI-Powered Analytics and natural language search. We hire people with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives—this balance-for-the-better philosophy is key to our success. When paired with our culture of Selfless Excellence and our drive for continuous improvement (2% done), ThoughtSpot cultivates a respectful culture that pushes norms to create world-class products. If you’re excited by the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and make your mark on a truly innovative company, we invite you to read more about our mission, and apply to the role that’s right for you.
What is the role?
Senior Financial Analyst, GTM Finance
As a GTM Senior Financial Analyst at ThoughtSpot you’ll be involved in planning, tracking, and monitoring the business across various Sales and Marketing segments of the organization. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference at the ground level of a global, pre-IPO, tech company. In this role, you will serve as the primary business partner to both the Marketing and Professional Services organizations with high-visibility supporting both leadership teams. This role reports to the Manager, Finance - GTM.
What you'll do:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly P&L and high-level financial packages for both the Marketing and Professional Services Organizations. Communicate variances to plan/budget to business partners and other key stakeholders. Analyze business results providing advice on the financial impact of operating decisions.
- Lead the month/quarter-end close process including reviewing journal entries and accruals, ensuring accurate financial results, and providing variance analysis
- Lead GTM finance efforts for marketing, services, and pipeline analytics
- Proactively identify actionable insights and suggest recommendations to influence the direction of the business
- Drive process improvements for greater efficiency and accuracy
- Use key data sources and tools (Salesforce, Adaptive Insights, ThoughtSpot, Coupa) to build, update, and improve models and analytics to identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Assist with ad hoc strategic and operational projects as needed
What you bring:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree preferably in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Economics
- The ability to work 1-2 days a week in the ThoughtSpot Corporate office located in Mountain View, CA
- 2+ years of experience in FP&A or business partner finance role
- Prior experience supporting a Marketing organization within a SaaS enterprise software company
- Advanced Excel (Google Sheets) and PowerPoint (Google Slides) skills with the ability to quickly build and manipulate
- Prior experience using Adaptive, BI Tools, Coupa, and other financial systems
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong business sense with ability to utilize financial data to help develop insights to business performance
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Drive accuracy and consistency in our financial forecasting and help lead IPO and public company readiness efforts
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship at this time*
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn't just the right thing to do for our people, it's the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The world’s most innovative companies useAI-Powered AnalyticsfromThoughtSpotto empower every person in their organization, from C-suite executive to frontline employee, with the ability toask and answer data questions, create and interact with data-driven insights, and use these insights to make informed decisions and take action.ThoughtSpot is simple enough for any business person to use, yet built to handle even the largest, most complex data, wherever it may reside. That’s why customers like T-Mobile, BT, Snowflake, HubSpot, Exxon, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Huel, and Nationwide Building Society have turned to ThoughtSpot to transform their data driven decision-making cultures.
Something looks off?