Product Design Manager
The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, Better world,” and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including The LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, Nissan, Pendo, AstraZeneca, and Bosch—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are looking for a Product Design Manager who thrives on solving difficult business problems. You will be responsible for effectively managing the entire lifecycle of a solution and driving the design process from discovery to delivery.
As a team manager, you are eager to build a high-performing design team. With experience in UX Design and a keen eye for visual aesthetics, you look forward to effectively managing the design team and collaborating with stakeholders, including UX Research, Product Management, Content, and Engineering teams, to build a best in market product. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to obtain the necessary insights and information to bring your team's designs to fruition.
You have a growth mindset and are comfortable taking on the unknown. You are a practical professional who can make and articulate the necessary tradeoffs that balance user needs with business objectives and technical constraints. You value collaboration and learning and are eager to get your solutions in the hands of the users. You measure your success by the success of your team.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture by setting clear expectations and providing guidance, mentorship, and support to the design team
- Identify opportunities for career growth and advancement for individual team members and encourage continuous development by delivering constructive feedback
- Continuously improve design processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage the design critique and review process to ensure work is aligned with the problem to solve and design principles. Advocating for a user-centered design process that incorporates user research findings into the process.
- Work closely with Product leadership and other stakeholders to align design efforts with overall product vision and strategy
- Stay informed about the latest design tools and technologies. Evaluate and implement new tools as needed
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- 2+ years experience as a people manager
- 2+ years of experience as a UX designer or equivalent
- Experience in UX Design and proficiency in Visual/UI Design with a focus on clean aesthetics
- Experience facilitating design sessions with non-designers
- Experience with design and collaboration tools such as FIGMA and MIRO
At The Predictive Index, we value flexibility. All PI employees have the choice to work either at our Westwood, MA headquarters, Remote, or a mix of both!
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.