Senior Brand Manager (Beauty)
The Honest Company
We appreciate your interest in employment with The Honest Company! The Honest Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at 1.888.862.8818 or 1.310.857.3020.
The Honest Company (NASDAQ: HNST) is a digitally-native consumer products company born in the Gen Z era to make purpose-driven consumer products designed for all people. Since its launch in 2012, Honest has been dedicated to creating thoughtfully formulated, safe and effective personal care, beauty, baby and household products, which are available via honest.com, third-party ecommerce partners and approximately 50,000 retail locations across the United States, Canada and Europe. Based in Los Angeles, CA, the Company's mission, to inspire everyone to love living consciously, is driven by its values of transparency, trust, sustainability and a deep sense of purpose around what matters most to its consumers: their health, their families and their homes. For more information about the Honest Standard and the company, please visit www.honest.com.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
We’ve kicked off the search for a Senior Brand Manager who will lead development and execution of brand strategies that elevate Honest Beauty’s positioning, deepen consumer resonance, and accelerate profitable growth. This role will play a crucial role in growing brand awareness and market share through a strategic mindset, a strong understanding of the beauty industry, and the ability to drive results.
What you’ll do:
- Help lead the development of an overall Honest Beauty brand strategy.
- Responsible for developing strategy, evaluating performance, building and executing profitable growth plans that resonate with target consumers.
- Responsible for deep brand and competitive insights ensuring they inform relevant and differentiated brand strategies and tactics.
- Coordinate and collaborate across functions including sales, legal, regulatory, finance, analytics to deliver programs, measure programs and make recommendations for changes to the plans based on learning.
- Support in-market execution product portfolio, including new product launches, assortment optimization, and lifecycle management.
- Assist in in-depth research for products and campaigns, including marketing analysis reports for products, ingredients, and trends.
- Drive the development and execution of packaging restage strategies.
- Lead marketing inputs to customer meetings.
- Review and provide input on P&L.
- Provide bi-monthly/monthly reporting to Leadership, as needed on segment/brand performance and financials.
- Mentor and develop the brand marketing team
- Other duties as assigned by management.
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- A critical thinker. Lead project management with impeccable attention to detail
- Highly organized. You can work in a high-pressure environment with multiple projects, being able to dovetail high priority projects
- A strong leader. Exhibit initiative and sense of urgency to drive to execution against goals, including on time launches and minimal variance vs. budget
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years experience in brand management, global marketing, or consulting for a reputable CPG brand
- Proven track record of building intelligent, data-driven, profit generating strategies
- Strong project management skills and experience with packaging redesign.
- Experience working with retail (food, drug, mass, specialty) and eCommerce partners
- Expert knowledge of communicating features, benefits and values to consumers
- Team player with experience working with and leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, agile environment
Bonus points for:
- MBA or similar degree
- Experience in the beauty category with knowledge of skin care and color cosmetics verticals
The pay range for this role is $120K-$164K. Actual compensation is based on many factors including but not limited to depth of experience, skill level, ability, knowledge, education, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total rewards package for this position may also include base, annual incentive plan, benefits, retirement plan, equity, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), The Honest Company, Inc. (“Honest” or “us” or “we”) is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants” or “you”) about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. Click here if you are a California resident to read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you’ve applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.