The Honest Company
We appreciate your interest in employment with The Honest Company! The Honest Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at 1.888.862.8818 or 1.310.857.3020.
The Honest Company (NASDAQ: HNST) is a digitally-native consumer products company born in the Gen Z era to make purpose-driven consumer products designed for all people. Since its launch in 2012, Honest has been dedicated to creating thoughtfully formulated, safe and effective personal care, beauty, baby and household products, which are available via honest.com, third-party ecommerce partners and approximately 50,000 retail locations across the United States, Canada and Europe. Based in Los Angeles, CA, the Company's mission, to inspire everyone to love living consciously, is driven by its values of transparency, trust, sustainability and a deep sense of purpose around what matters most to its consumers: their health, their families and their homes. For more information about the Honest Standard and the company, please visit www.honest.com.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
The Honest Company has kicked off the search for a Supply Planner! We’re looking for a sharp, analytically-minded critical thinker to join our Operations team. In this role, you’ll work closely with Sales, Product Development, Demand Planning, and Sourcing to drive inventory strategy and execution. If you’re a detail-oriented Excel whiz with a passion for Honest's mission, we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- Own inventory replenishment planning for multiple product categories
- Provide supply planning inputs and recommendations for product categories managed
- Use demand planning customer forecasts and planning guidelines to develop replenishment forecasts for contract manufacturers
- Determine product purchases that take into account operational, product, and financial considerations
- Generate and process purchase orders and provide reporting
- Manage supplier relationships, ensuring on time and accurate production and delivery
- Determine day-to-day supplier performance
- Collaborate with the Product, Project Management, Brand Management, and Strategic Sourcing on launching new products and packaging for e-commerce and wholesale customers
- Optimize inventory levels and tracking across multiple distribution centers to meet customer, operational, product, and financial/accounting goals
- Collaborate with the Distribution Center team to ensure inventory accuracy and cycle count integrity
- Solve supply issues to minimize disruptions to customer service
- Collaborate with Accounting on inventory reconciliation and adjustments
- Collaborate with Finance on inventory cash flow projections and planning
- Perform ad hoc analysis/generate ad hoc reports as needed for product category managed
- Take active role in cross functional projects involving product category managed such as new product launches/supplier and product transitions
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- A self-starter who loves collaboration. You’re comfortable working independently as well as influencing cross-functional teams
- A talented juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy
- A dynamite problem solver and project manager. You’re always thinking (at least) one step ahead
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of experience in fast-paced Supply Planning and Buying positions
- Strong quantitative background (i.e. experience in corporate planning, consulting, finance, etc.)
- Advanced Excel modeling skills (vlookup, pivot tables, conditional formulas, etc.)
- Experience with driving lead-time reduction initiatives
- Experience generating purchase orders
- Ability to take ownership of initiatives and work proactively to successfully complete projects within tight timeframes
- Comfort working with ambiguity
- Ability to thrive in a results-focused, fast-paced startup environment
Bonus points for:
- Inventory/Supply Chain Planning experience
- MRP/ERP implementation experience (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Experience with new product development inventory management practices
- CPG or wholesale experience
The pay range for this role is $73,000 - $100,000. Actual compensation is based on many factors including but not limited to depth of experience, skill level, ability, knowledge, education, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total rewards package for this position may also include base, annual incentive plan, benefits, retirement plan, equity, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), The Honest Company, Inc. (“Honest” or “us” or “we”) is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants” or “you”) about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. Click here if you are a California resident to read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you’ve applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.