Senior Brand Manager (Baby Personal Care)
The Honest Company
We appreciate your interest in employment with The Honest Company! The Honest Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at 1.888.862.8818 or 1.310.857.3020.
The Honest Company (NASDAQ: HNST) is a digitally-native consumer products company born in the Gen Z era to make purpose-driven consumer products designed for all people. Since its launch in 2012, Honest has been dedicated to creating thoughtfully formulated, safe and effective personal care, beauty, baby and household products, which are available via honest.com, third-party ecommerce partners and approximately 50,000 retail locations across the United States, Canada and Europe. Based in Los Angeles, CA, the Company's mission, to inspire everyone to love living consciously, is driven by its values of transparency, trust, sustainability and a deep sense of purpose around what matters most to its consumers: their health, their families and their homes. For more information about the Honest Standard and the company, please visit www.honest.com.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
We’ve kicked off the search for a Senior Brand Manager who will lead the development of the brand positioning and assortment architecture for our Baby personal care verticals. You will lead the life cycle brand vision including product research and ideation, go-to-market launch campaigns, continued vertical growth and development, and ongoing consumer research and analysis. You will be responsible for P&L for the verticals and their current and future portfolio of products.
What you’ll do:
- Exhibit full ownership of new product development from concept to launch in our Baby personal care verticals
- Lead the vision and drive sustainable market share and profitable growth, based on in-depth competitive landscape and consumer insights
- Mentor and develop the brand marketing team
- Partner with the product development team to lead the innovation strategy and product development for full size, sample size, set and seasonal products
- Lead the vision for competitive product positioning to continually reinforce point of difference including assortment architecture, pricing and innovation pipeline
- Develop category and product playbook including communication dossier, advertising guidelines, features and benefits (functional, technical and emotional), reason to believe, education priorities and competitive positioning
- Lead the product and ingredient storytelling to amplify brand desirability and differentiation vs mass and prestige competition
- Manage the current business and own the category vertical P&L, leading action planning and go-to-market strategies for new product launches
- Develop and ensure execution of brand marketing and 360 degree marketing support calendar based on 12-month launch window
- Define and develop trade marketing and promotional marketing tools including sampling, sets, GWP, displays and other consumer elements
- Ensure executive and retailer buy-in along the new product development path
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- A critical thinker. Lead project management with impeccable attention to detail
- Highly organized. You can work in a high-pressure environment with multiple projects, being able to dovetail high priority projects
- A strong leader. Exhibit initiative and sense of urgency to drive to execution against goals, including on time launches and minimal variance vs. budget
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years experience in brand management, global marketing, or consulting for a reputable CPG brand
- Proven track record of building intelligent, data-driven, profit generating strategies
- Proven track record of configuring, concepting and altering consumer product portfolios
- Experience working with retail (food, drug, mass, specialty) and eCommerce partners
- Expert knowledge of communicating features, benefits and values to consumers
- Team player with experience working with and leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, agile environment
Bonus points for:
- MBA or similar degree
- Experience in the baby category with knowledge of the personal care or infant formula verticals
The pay range for this role is $120,000 to $164,000. Actual compensation is based on many factors including but not limited to depth of experience, skill level, ability, knowledge, education, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total rewards package for this position may also include base, annual incentive plan, benefits, retirement plan, equity, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), The Honest Company, Inc. (“Honest” or “us” or “we”) is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants” or “you”) about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. Click here if you are a California resident to read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you’ve applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.