The Honest Company
We appreciate your interest in employment with The Honest Company! The Honest Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at 1.888.862.8818 or 1.310.857.3020.
The Honest Company (NASDAQ: HNST) is a digitally-native consumer products company born in the Gen Z era to make purpose-driven consumer products designed for all people. Since its launch in 2012, Honest has been dedicated to creating thoughtfully formulated, safe and effective personal care, beauty, baby and household products, which are available via honest.com, third-party ecommerce partners and approximately 50,000 retail locations across the United States, Canada and Europe. Based in Los Angeles, CA, the Company's mission, to inspire everyone to love living consciously, is driven by its values of transparency, trust, sustainability and a deep sense of purpose around what matters most to its consumers: their health, their families and their homes. For more information about the Honest Standard and the company, please visit www.honest.com.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
The Honest Company is looking for a Public Relations Manager to join the Marketing Communications team. The PR Manager will be an integral part of The Honest Company team and will be responsible for working with the Communications team and external agencies to develop and execute comprehensive communications programs to support The Honest Company’s overarching strategies. This person will support day to day public relations efforts and work closely with cross functional partners in the Influencer Marketing, Social Marketing and Brand Marketing space. The Public Relations Manager will play an integral role in developing strategy, working with media, planning events and ensuring all public relations goals are met.
You’ll be a key member of the Marketing Communications team, supporting all press activities including development of press materials, briefing books and talking points. Reporting to the Senior Director of Public Relations, you will support external agency management, asset organization, interview scheduling, photo shoots, brand activations, as well as gifting and product seeding. We’re looking for someone who embraces the unexpected, is willing to think creatively to tackle challenges, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Create and manage PR plans and strategies for new product launches, hero campaigns and partnerships, ensuring adherence to budgets and timelines
- Manage all Marketing Communication events from strategy to execution
- Plan, write, and manage various internal and external communications materials
- Draft press releases, fact sheets, talking points, Q&As, briefing books and other collateral
- Assist with management of external agency partners. Create and gather all assets needed for external partners/agency
- Ideate and execute editor mailings
- Manage PR Gifting, Product Requests, Calendar, Reporting and organization of press coverage
- Monitor industry trends and adopt best practices in a timely manner
- Continuously research new award opportunities and coordinate award submissions while managing existing award database
- Support inbound and outbound communications with media, vendors, and external stakeholders
- Handle all logistics for PR meetings and provide admin support as needed
- Act as liaison for all conferences, summits and photo shoots, both internal and external
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- A self-starter with experience in Public Relations, Media Relations
- You thrive working under pressure and with multiple demands simultaneously
- Creative and ambitious: You stay up on the industry trends, inspire teammates, and have a strong work ethic.
- Curious and flexible: You take on new challenges, tasks and engagement with a positive attitude and you are eager to learn.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree (Communications, Journalism, or other relevant area of study preferred)
- 5+ years of in-house or agency Public Relations experience (CPG experience preferred), including event planning
- Attention to detail and ability to exercise tact and discretion while working with top tier talent
- High level understanding of Public Relations and/or Media Relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs
The pay range for this role is $98,000 - $130,000. Actual compensation is based on many factors including but not limited to depth of experience, skill level, ability, knowledge, education, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total rewards package for this position may also include base, annual incentive plan, benefits, retirement plan, equity, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), The Honest Company, Inc. (“Honest” or “us” or “we”) is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants” or “you”) about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. Click here if you are a California resident to read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you’ve applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.