About the role
Thatch sits at the intersection of several regulated industries – fintech, healthcare, and insurance. As we grow our product in all 50 states, we’re on the lookout for someone who can help support our compliance and licensing operations in every jurisdiction. In this role, you’ll have two core responsibilities: (1) work with outside vendors to oversee licensing, and (2) help manage compliance operations for Thatch, its employers, and its members. Over time, you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of the licensing, reporting, and compliance practices that power Thatch. You’ll also support the Thatch legal team as we form new commercial relationships and develop the product.
Compliance is core to Thatch, and this role is vital for Thatch’s success. We can’t grow quickly and sustainably without holding our compliance function to the highest standards. We’re looking for a candidate who is passionate about healthcare, organized, and excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do
- Manage statewide license applications and renewals.
- Manage our relationships with outside licensing vendors.
- Build operations playbooks around our compliance function (employer reporting, underwriting, etc).
- Assist the legal team with contract execution and organization.
Background we’re looking for
- A B.A. and some on-the-job experience.
- An interest in startups, healthcare, and regulation.
- An ability to work cross-functionally with legal, sales, and outside vendors.
- A strong growth mindset as well as a desire to learn and improve.
Experience we’d be particularly excited about
- Experience as an in-house paralegal or as a member of a legal or compliance team.
- Practical knowledge about the insurance, healthcare, or fintech industries.
- Experience interacting with state and federal agencies.
What to expect
We interview rigorously based on integrity, talent, and drive; the trust we display in our teammates is a reflection of the confidence we have in this process. We aim to evaluate the things you’ll do daily as best we can, and we move quickly — the entire interview process is typically complete within 2 weeks. We typically will conduct the following interviews:
- One team screen with a Thatch employee.
- One take-home project related to the role.
- Two interviews related to your experience.
- One call with our founders.