Senior Clinical Data Analyst (Healthcare Analytics)
IT, Data Science
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
As a Senior Clinical Data Analyst, you will play a crucial role in identifying operational improvement opportunities through analytics in order to achieve or surpass financial, quality, and operational goals for Tendo customers. This will require you to leverage your expertise in healthcare operations, workflow, and Electronic Health Record (EHR) reporting to synthesize data and provide insights that can drive improvements. You will be responsible for curating data sets, organizing information, and collaborating with both the Tendo Team as well as the business to develop and maintain data extracts, interactive reports, dashboards, and self-service products. Additionally, you will also be responsible for preparing materials for presentations to customers, and facilitating ongoing customer engagement. Your contributions will directly impact the success of our clients and sales team.
Make an impact—join our team!
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven company building a culture that enables teams and individuals to thrive. Led by an experienced and proven team, we live by our values and are always on the hunt for motivated people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help us improve the care journey for patients, clinicians, and caregivers by creating software that provides seamless, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences.
If you like working with innovative technologies and want to be part of a growing team that will help transform the healthcare experience, we encourage you to apply today!
- Gather requirements, data sourcing, cleaning, and quality assurance of data output.
- Build, automate, and maintain data extracts, reports, dashboards, and self-service products.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists in exploring operational improvement opportunities and creation of predictive models and applications.
- Act as a single point of contact and support the needs for both Corporate and Patient Finance Teams of Tendo’s customers.
- 5+ years of experience working in clinical data analytics in a healthcare setting.
- One of the following:
- Bachelor’s in Computer or Data Science, Engineering, Business/Finance, or Health Sciences.
- Master’s in Public Health, Data Science, Business Administration, or Statistics.
- Relevant work experience and portfolio of projects.
- Core Competencies:
- Use and configuration of business intelligence tools (Tableau, Business Objects: Crystal Reports, Universe, and Web intelligence tool preferred).
- Proficiency in SQL querying and data manipulation including Stored Procedures and Query optimization (Microsoft preferred).
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Analytics (Epic Clarity and Caboodle highly desired).
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting.
- Knowledge of Clinical Documentation in EHR and the ability to extract data based on workflow description.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a professional software environment using source control (git), an issue tracker (JIRA, Confluence, etc.), continuous integration, code reviews, and agile development process (Scrum/Lean).
- Experience with AWS technology stack (S3, Glue, Athena, EMR, etc.).
- Knowledge of, or experience with, healthcare data standards such as HL7, FHIR, ICD, SNOMED, LOINC.
- Experience with Delta Lake and/or Databricks.
- Experience using Apache Spark (PySpark or Scala).
- Experience working with programming languages (Python).
- Experience with machine learning workflows and data requirements for use with ML frameworks.
Base Salary Range
This salary range is offered with the understanding that final compensation is based on a number of factors including geography and experience. Tendo also offers an equity package, annual bonuses, and benefits.
For full time employees, Tendo also offers full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending and health savings accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k), company paid holidays, flexible time off, and an employee wellness program (“Breathe”).
Tendo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.