Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Tendo is looking for a Paralegal to support the legal function on a wide variety of transactional, regulatory, compliance, and operational matters. As one of the first hires to the legal team of a rapidly growing healthcare technology company, this role will start with a broad set of responsibilities. The position provides an opportunity for an individual seeking diversity in their daily work. An established Paralegal with a desire to expand into other areas, like legal operations, regulatory compliance, or even human resources will be a great fit for this role.
Make an impact—join our team!
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven company building a culture that enables teams and individuals to thrive. Led by an experienced and proven team, we live by our values and are always on the hunt for motivated people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help us improve the care journey for patients, clinicians, and caregivers by creating software that provides seamless, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences.
If you like working with innovative technologies and want to be part of a growing team that will help transform the healthcare experience, we encourage you to apply today!
Tendo has hubs in San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Chicago, IL; and Philadelphia, PA. Candidates may be located in any one of our five hub locations.
- Streamline Tendo’s customer and vendor engagement process by actively managing and expanding an organization-wide contract creation and tracking process.
- Coordinate accurate and timely responses to regulatory inquiries.
- Project-manage various key legal and compliance projects.
- Recognize and properly escalate legal or compliance issues.
- Collaborate on the resolution of inquiries from customers and regulators.
- Provide initial feedback and notes on agreements and redlines.
- Actively collaborate with internal teams, including sales, product, HR, and others.
- Coordinate with external parties, such as clients, outside legal counsel, opposing counsel, in a professional and effective manner.
- Complete legal research projects as requested.
- 3+ years of Paralegal experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace (G Suite).
- Proficiency in legal research tools and software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management abilities.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in document preparation and review.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to learn and leverage new technology quickly and effectively.
Nice to Have
- Broad Paralegal experience covering transactional, regulatory, employment, and dispute resolution matters.
- Past experience in a healthcare and/or healthcare technology company.
- Legal research skills.
- Experience managing and resolving customer and regulatory complaints.
- Paralegal certificate and/or Bachelor’s Degree.
Base Salary Range
This salary range is offered with the understanding that final compensation is based on a number of factors including geography and experience. Tendo also offers an equity package, annual bonuses, and benefits.
For full time employees, Tendo also offers full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending and health savings accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k), company paid holidays, flexible time off, and an employee wellness program (“Breathe”).
Tendo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.