Principal QA Engineer
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
The Principal QA Engineer is an expert in both manual and automation testing, responsible for end-to-end test solutions, from strategy to implementation, and ongoing improvements at organization level. This role has full domain accountability including tools, processes, and execution of the test cycle. As a senior member of the QA team, the Principal QA Engineer will collaborate with stakeholders across Tendo to deliver a patient-focused digital healthcare platform and applications with the highest quality.
Make an impact—join our team!
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven company building a culture that enables teams and individuals to thrive. Led by an experienced and proven team, we live by our values and are always on the hunt for motivated people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help us improve the care journey for patients, clinicians, and caregivers by creating software that provides seamless, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences.
If you like working with innovative technologies and want to be part of a growing team that will help transform the healthcare experience, we encourage you to apply today!
Tendo has hubs in San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; and Philadelphia, PA. Candidates may be located in any one of our four hub locations.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (PMs, Developers, QAs) to design and execute testing activities.
- As a subject matter expert, architect and develop testing infrastructure across the organization.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and drive towards process improvement.
- Coach scrum teams on the definition and development of various automated test cases.
- Facilitate and oversee best Agile practices cross all scrum teams.
- 7+ years of experience as a QA Engineer for web-based applications in healthcare or a related field.
- Extensive experience with Behavior Driven Development approach.
- Extensive experience with Appium/Cucumber/WebDriverIO or equivalent automation tools.
- Experience with performance testing frameworks such as JMeter, LoadRunner, or related technologies.
- Strong database query skills.
- Solid HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Strong understanding of security testing, pen testing, injection, and load testing.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and deploying automation frameworks across UI and API layers (REST of GraphQL preferred).
Nice to Have
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field.
- Experience with Chaos Engineering (Chaos Monkey) testing for both infrastructure and UI layers.
- Ability to operate in a microservice-based architecture deployed on AWS.
- Understanding of WCAG regression suites, compliance guidelines, and testing methodologies including front-end design for accessibility, screen readers, and keyboard navigation.
Base Salary Range
This salary range is offered with the understanding that final compensation is based on a number of factors including geography and experience. Tendo also offers an equity package, annual bonuses, and benefits.
For full time employees, Tendo also offers full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), flexible spending and health savings accounts, company paid life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, company equity, voluntary benefits, 401(k), company paid holidays, flexible time off, and an employee wellness program (“Breathe”).
Tendo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.