Lead Staff Software Engineer, IA Platform
Infinite Athlete’s mission is to build an operating system for sports that powers infinite innovation and makes sports better for the fan, the game, and the athlete. Our goal is to create a single technological foundation across all major sports upon which innovative sports technology and media products can be built.
This foundation will combine and connect sports data from all sources, which will create infinite possibilities.
Infinite Athlete serves as the comprehensive and industry-leading platform for sports technology – a single solution upon which global leagues, clubs, and teams can improve all aspects of broadcast viewing, athlete performance, fan experience, coaching, and operations to empower a better experience, with greater opportunities across the landscape of global sports for the fan, the game, and the athlete.
As a staff software engineer and lead on the IA Platform team, you and your team will be responsible for building out the platform through which customers access our services. You’ll build out functionality using Golang and Next.js for onboarding new users, surfacing usage analytics, and accepting payments. This is a full-stack role, with roughly a 70/30% split between backend and frontend work. As a staff engineer and tech lead, you’ll be expected to spend roughly 70% of your time on individual contributions while mentoring and directing your team. You’ll be responsible for leading architectural discussions and communicating technical decisions across the organization. As a thought leader, you’ll be expected to constantly raise the bar for engineering excellence across the team.
Your work will play a key role in our business, as you’ll be directly responsible for the customer experience and payment processing. You’ll have the opportunity to make a major impact on those that you work with, as well as the company and its customers.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Mastery of Golang and TypeScript
- Extensive experience building web frontends using modern frameworks such as React
- History of building highly available cloud-native architectures using infrastructure as code frameworks such as the AWS CDK
- Understanding of concurrency control patterns and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB
- Experience deploying multi-region serverless architectures in AWS
- Excellent technical communication skills in written media, such as design documentation and code reviews
Perks & Benefits
- Generous Vacation: Flexible PTO
- Health/Wellness: stipend of $200 per month
- Cell Phone Allowance: $37.50 per pay period ($75 per month) automatically included with each pay period to help cover cell phone costs
- Health Insurance: Infinite Athlete covers 100% of monthly premiums for medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and 95% for your dependents
- 401(K) Contribution: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching
Infinite Athlete provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Infinite Athlete complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.